ESP-BLE-MESH Sensor Server/Client Implementation

chunzhe

ESP-BLE-MESH Sensor Server/Client Implementation

Postby chunzhe » Wed May 05, 2021 7:56 am

Hi there! I recently got in contact with the ESP-BLE-MESH and is trying to understand it. I'm currently trying to implement the Sensor Server/Client example,

https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/bl ... /README.md

on two esp32 boards. After flashing both the esp32 with the respective firmware, I got this (as shown in the picture, A1).

To my understanding, the client is suppose to automatically provision the server esp32 but that has not happened. I have tried to use nRF Mesh (Andriod) to discover the server esp32 and was able to do so. Ultimately, I would like to send sensor data in a BLE-MESH. Would anyone kindly guide me in the right direction. Thanks.
Attachments
A1.PNG
A1
A1.PNG (57.71 KiB) Viewed 5789 times

abansal22

Re: ESP-BLE-MESH Sensor Server/Client Implementation

Postby abansal22 » Sun May 09, 2021 12:50 pm

Hello,

There are three components in the ble mesh, server, client and provisionor. So client will not provisioned the server automatically. You have to use the provisionor, to enter the node into the ble mesh network.

As a beginner I would advice to use the nrf mesh app for the provisionor and for the client functionality. Try to compile and flash the sensor server example and use the nrf mesh app to provision the node and get the sensor value in the app.

Let me know if you need any clarification in that part.

chunzhe

Re: ESP-BLE-MESH Sensor Server/Client Implementation

Postby chunzhe » Mon May 10, 2021 1:07 am

Hi! Thanks for replying to my post. I appreciate it.

I have solved the issue with the Sensor Server/Client example model implementation. Apparently, it was a connection issue. After I added antennas to both the client and server each, it worked like a charm.

Thanks for the tip too on using the app as a provisionor.