Ethernet to WiFi example question

kluverp

Ethernet to WiFi example question

Postby kluverp » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:53 am

Hi All,

Hope someone can provide me an answer to this.
I have successfully applied the Ethernet-to-WiFi example. (Great example BTW).

But now I have the following question:

Is it possible to have the Ethernet work stand-alone next to the WiFi forwarding?
To explain more: the example pipes the WiFi connection to the Ethernet port. This works, but the Ethernet port itself no longer receives any IP address.
What I want to accomplish is is:
1) Users can connect to WiFi AP, and all communication goes over Ethernet (works).
2) Have the Ethernet connection still available to ESP, so the ESP can make use of the Ethernet to send data to the web. (no longer works, since Ethernet no longer has any IP assigned).

Is it possible? I want to keep using the Ethernet on the ESP board for data communication, AND have it work as an WiFi AP.

ESP_@In逍遥子

Re: Ethernet to WiFi example question

Postby ESP_@In逍遥子 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:45 am

Currently, ESP32 does not support it as a hotspot, similar to routers.

Ritesh

Re: Ethernet to WiFi example question

Postby Ritesh » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:21 am

kluverp wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:53 am
Hi All,

Hope someone can provide me an answer to this.
I have successfully applied the Ethernet-to-WiFi example. (Great example BTW).

But now I have the following question:

Is it possible to have the Ethernet work stand-alone next to the WiFi forwarding?
To explain more: the example pipes the WiFi connection to the Ethernet port. This works, but the Ethernet port itself no longer receives any IP address.
What I want to accomplish is is:
1) Users can connect to WiFi AP, and all communication goes over Ethernet (works).
2) Have the Ethernet connection still available to ESP, so the ESP can make use of the Ethernet to send data to the web. (no longer works, since Ethernet no longer has any IP assigned).

Is it possible? I want to keep using the Ethernet on the ESP board for data communication, AND have it work as an WiFi AP.
But, That can be possible from ESP32 IDF example i believe as you can register Ethernet Interface into TCP IP Adapter.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati