Eclipse examples and ESP_WHO...

lehrian

Eclipse examples and ESP_WHO...

Postby lehrian » Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:13 pm

I have been using the ESP-IDF with the Eclipse plugin for quite a while now and it works great for me. I recently bought an ESP32-CAM to play with the ESP_WHO package and was able to get it downloaded and built and examples running. However, when I created a new project Eclipse did not provide the ESP_WHO examples in the list of available templates. So as a hack I copied the examples to the ESP-IDF Examples folder and copied the ESP_WHO components to the ESP-IDF Components folder and now when I create a new project from a Template in Eclipse I can select the ESP_WHO examples and they compile and work. So yeah, I made it work!

However, this seems like a serious hack as I have commingled the components from the 2 libraries. Is there a way to point eclipse to the ESP_WHO Component and Example folder instead of combining the 2 libraries?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (73.11 KiB) Viewed 24067 times

jay.cross.bee

Re: Eclipse examples and ESP_WHO...

Postby jay.cross.bee » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:14 pm

Did you ever get an answer? Do you know where the setting that contains the path to the standard IDF examples kept in eclipse?

lehrian

Re: Eclipse examples and ESP_WHO...

Postby lehrian » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:48 pm

Sorry it took so long to reply. I need to check how it notifies me when there is a reply to one of my posts.

Anyway, my response won't be much help anyway, I did not ever find this out. I just installed them all in the same IDF folder and it seemed to work.