My Korvo board does not start

Gusluna

My Korvo board does not start

Postby Gusluna » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:19 pm

Hi, I bought a new Korvo Board and I'm dealing with his function.
Due to the fact that I'm so noobie i would like someones help.
My problem is simple:
1. my board isn't detected by my iMac (iOS Catalina, 10.15.6) in the serial port, in the first place. (putting 'ls
/dev/cu*' only shows: /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port /dev/cu.GusLink-SPPDev) which is not my Korvo board.
2.- May be (or for sure) I'm wiring something wrong. (i attached some pictures of my board connected to my iMac)
3.- I can only see a green light on and a very small tiny red light flashing next to the green light.
4.- I connected:
a) two usb wires to micro USB to the Korvo board, as the picture shows (are there necessary to connect both of them?, despite the power one of course?).
b) My iPhone earphones (which have a microphone built on), and
c) The FPC cable in the way showed in the second picture. (is it wright or wrong connected?, the docs doesn't show the wright way of connecting the FPC cable, for noobies :)
5: Where is the power botton anyway? (i know is a stupid question, but in the docs is not indicated).

By the way, I've already set up my environment and I'm was able to test the Arduino project CamServer with an ESP32-CAM.
I'm working with esp32-v 4.1
Thanks, i really appreciated any help.

Saludos desde México.
Attachments
IMG_1857.jpg
IMG_1857.jpg (2.37 MiB) Viewed 77000 times
IMG_1856.jpg
IMG_1856.jpg (2.28 MiB) Viewed 77000 times

yang_z

Re: My Korvo board does not start

Postby yang_z » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:47 am

Hi,

1. The reason the board doesn't start is that you didn't turn on the power switch. It's in the green box I drew in the attached picture. Actually you can find this picture in Korvo's document here: https://github.com/espressif/esp-skaine ... vo-v1.1.md. You'll see a red light on when the board is powered up.
Screenshot from 2020-09-03 17-37-21.png
Screenshot from 2020-09-03 17-37-21.png (424.81 KiB) Viewed 76981 times
2. The FPC cable is not correctly connected on the mic board (but it's right on the main board). Just remember the metal side should always be attached with the board, not the blue side which is insulated :)

Gusluna

Postby Gusluna » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:40 am

Thank you. It’s working but in Chinese, witch is the default.
I want to try it working in English but my Mac 🖥 does’nt detect de board in the serial port. I have pressed boot button and at the same time EN button which I guess is SW3 (is EN button between the SD micro card and the speaker connector?) Also tried pushing first boot button, then releasing it an then pressing EN button... not sure how to accomplish boot mode:)

I've already set up my menuconfig with the correct options for enabling English mode, but i can not flash the firmware because no serial port is detected at all.

Cheers, and thanks for your help.

ESP_krzychb

Postby ESP_krzychb » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:41 pm

Gusluna wrote:my Mac 🖥 does’nt detect de board in the serial port.
Hi Gusluna,

Do you mean the port does not show up as described in https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... -and-macos ?

If so, then try following the note under provided link -- pressing Boot Button and Reset Button will not help.

yang_z

Postby yang_z » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:26 am

Gusluna wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:40 am
Thank you. It’s working but in Chinese, witch is the default.
I want to try it working in English but my Mac 🖥 does’nt detect de board in the serial port. I have pressed boot button and at the same time EN button which I guess is SW3 (is EN button between the SD micro card and the speaker connector?) Also tried pushing first boot button, then releasing it an then pressing EN button... not sure how to accomplish boot mode:)

I've already set up my menuconfig with the correct options for enabling English mode, but i can not flash the firmware because no serial port is detected at all.

Cheers, and thanks for your help.
You don't have to press any button. Your PC should detect the board as long as it's correctly wired and the board is power on.

By "correctly connected", I mean: 1) the "POWER" port is connected to any device that provides electricity; and 2) the "UART" port is connected to your PC. I think you're missing step 2), since the board is already power on (indicating POWER port is correctly wired).

Gusluna

Postby Gusluna » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:31 pm

Thank for your help, it was a problem with the usb serial drivers on my Mac. :D everything is working now.

Gusluna

Postby Gusluna » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:51 am

Thanks for everything, all it's running now. My mac didn't recognize my board because a conflict with another usb serial driver. I just deleted it and i installed de FTDI one. :D

yang_z

Postby yang_z » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:22 am

:D :D