Eclipse plugin for ESP-IDF CMake based projects (4.x and above)

xSampaio

Re: Eclipse plugin for ESP-IDF CMake based projects (4.x and above)

Postby xSampaio » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:07 am

Hi Kondal,

Thankyou for you reply and please, do not worry, you guys are doing a fantastic job, I understand that there are so many scenarios that it is almost to cover all of them, so I just want to help you to get it even better.

regarding the logs those ones are the errors when I tried to run "Install Tools":
  1. Message: Command 'com.espressif.idf.ui.command.install' failed
  3. Stack Trace:
  4. org.eclipse.core.commands.ExecutionException: No Python installations found in the system.
  5.     at com.espressif.idf.ui.update.AbstractToolsHandler.execute(AbstractToolsHandler.java:71)
  6.     at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:283)
  7.     at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.E4HandlerProxy.execute(E4HandlerProxy.java:95)
  8.     at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  9.     at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
  10.     at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
  11.     at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
  12.     at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:58)
  13.     at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:318)
  14.     at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:252)
  15.     at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:173)
  16.     at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.execute(HandlerServiceHandler.java:156)
  17.     at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:498)
  18.     at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:487)
  19.     at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:213)
  20.     at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.executeItem(HandledContributionItem.java:438)
  21.     at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.AbstractContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(AbstractContributionItem.java:449)
  22.     at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.AbstractContributionItem.lambda$2(AbstractContributionItem.java:475)
  23.     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
  24.     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4173)
  25.     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1057)
  26.     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3986)
  27.     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3585)
  28.     at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1160)
  29.     at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
  30.     at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1049)
  31.     at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:155)
  32.     at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:633)
  33.     at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
  34.     at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:557)
  35.     at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
  36.     at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:150)
  37.     at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
  38.     at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
  39.     at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
  40.     at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
  41.     at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
  42.     at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  43.     at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
  44.     at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
  45.     at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
  46.     at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:660)
  47.     at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:597)
  48.     at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1468)

Note that I do have a ESP-IDF and chain tools working fine from command prompt, I'm able to run idf.py menuconfig, and I can compile and flash from command prompt and eclipse.

I'm also attaching the export of python register for your reference.
python.zip
RegEdit of Python installed
(682 Bytes) Downloaded 670 times
As you can see bellow, this is the log from ESP-IDF Command Prompt:
  1. Clearing PYTHONPATH, was set to d:\Python37
  2. Using Python in D:\Python37\
  3. Python 3.7.4
  4. Using Git in C:\Program Files\Git\cmd\
  5. git version 2.21.0.windows.1
  6. Setting IDF_PATH: D:\ESP-IDF\4.0
  8. Adding ESP-IDF tools to PATH...
  9.     D:\ESP-IDF\.espressif\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf\esp32-2019r1-8.2.0\xtensa-esp32-elf\bin
  10.     D:\ESP-IDF\.espressif\tools\esp32ulp-elf\2.28.51.20170517\esp32ulp-elf-binutils\bin
  11.     D:\ESP-IDF\.espressif\tools\cmake\3.13.4\bin
  12.     D:\ESP-IDF\.espressif\tools\openocd-esp32\v0.10.0-esp32-20190708\openocd-esp32\bin
  13.     D:\ESP-IDF\.espressif\tools\mconf\v4.6.0.0-idf-20190628\
  14.     D:\ESP-IDF\.espressif\tools\ninja\1.9.0\
  15.     D:\ESP-IDF\.espressif\tools\idf-exe\1.0.1\
  16.     D:\ESP-IDF\.espressif\tools\ccache\3.7\
  17.     D:\ESP-IDF\.espressif\python_env\idf4.1_py3.7_env\Scripts
  18.     D:\ESP-IDF\4.0\tools
  20. Checking if Python packages are up to date...
  21. Python requirements from D:\ESP-IDF\4.0\requirements.txt are satisfied.
  23. Done! You can now compile ESP-IDF projects.
  24. Go to the project directory and run:
  26.   idf.py build
  29. D:\ESP-IDF\4.0>

ESP_kondalkolipaka

Postby ESP_kondalkolipaka » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:38 am

xSampaio wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:07 am
  1. Message: Command 'com.espressif.idf.ui.command.install' failed
  3. Stack Trace:
  4. org.eclipse.core.commands.ExecutionException: No Python installations found in the system.
  5.     at com.espressif.idf.ui.update.AbstractToolsHandler.execute(AbstractToolsHandler.java:71)
  6.     at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:283)
Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the logs. Seems to be an issue is with the Java version 11 & 12(Only on Windows OS). Though I couldn't get the Java version from the log which you've attached - but I'm guessing you might be working the latest Java version.

Until we fix this, can you try with the Java 8(8u221) and see if that helps you. We have verified the Java 8u221 and it seems to work fine. I appreciate if you could verify and let us know on this.

Without uninstalling your existing Java version, you can also install Java 8 and configure specifically for the eclipse. Please follow the instructions from here https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse.ini#Specifying_the_JVM. This is helpful if you're using the latest Java with some other application.

Best Regards,
Kondal

xSampaio

Postby xSampaio » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:20 pm

Hi Kondal,

Thank you!!! The problem was the Java version, the 9u221 works fine.
The only pending thing is the sdkconfig editor, it doesn't load just says: "Error retrieving output from json configserver" however no log is provided, I'll check it. Anyway I can use the idf.py makeconfig from Command Line as a workaround.

Thank you so much again, in case you want some beta tester for updated version for windows, please, just let me know.

Kind Regards,
Carlos

maccavellii

Postby maccavellii » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:37 pm

I am having a slightly different issue. I've gone through all of the steps outlined here--> https://github.com/espressif/idf-eclips ... tconfigure

But when I attempt to launch the SDK config tool I get a blank page that says "Error retrieving output from the json configserver, please check the error log"

The error log doesn't seem to have anything relevant in it ...

Any tips?
Attachments
SDKconfig error.log
(12.86 KiB) Downloaded 714 times

ESP_kondalkolipaka

Postby ESP_kondalkolipaka » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:12 am

This is fixed with https://github.com/espressif/idf-eclips ... 3584933ee8. We still need to update the updatesite link url.

Let you know once it's updated.

jhcarter

Postby jhcarter » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:17 pm

I have been unable to install the Eclipse plugin at all. The update URL listed in README.md yields a 403 error and the link to the Releases directory shows no releases available for download. The first time I tried was 3-October I think. Am I missing something?

ESP_kondalkolipaka

Postby ESP_kondalkolipaka » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:20 am

You can use the update site URL in eclipse and ignore the 403 error while accessing URL in the browser since there is no content page.

Releases section will be updated once we have a official beta release

jhcarter

Postby jhcarter » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:31 am

When I try to add the update site in the Eclipse Add Software dialog I get the error:

Code: Select all

Unable to read repository at https://dl.espressif.com/dl/idf-eclipse-plugin/updates/latest/content.xml.
Unable to read repository at https://dl.espressif.com/dl/idf-eclipse-plugin/updates/latest/content.xml.
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target/
I am using:

Code: Select all

Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers

Version: 2019-09 R (4.13.0)
Build id: 20190917-1200
on MacOS Mojave.

Thanks for your help.

jhcarter

Postby jhcarter » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:00 pm

OK, the problem I was having with installing the plugin was due to my having an old version of the JDK (8_075) installed (I forgot that Eclipse uses the JDK, not the JRE which was up-to-date). The certificates for Let's Encrypt were not included until 8_101 or thereabouts. I updated my JDK and the installation went without a hitch.

Thanks for your help

ESP_kondalkolipaka

Postby ESP_kondalkolipaka » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:42 am

IDF Eclipse Plugin v1.0.0-beta is available through update site.

Check more details here:
https://github.com/espressif/idf-eclips ... 1.0.0-beta