How to share projects properly?

sravyts

How to share projects properly?

Postby sravyts » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:52 pm

Hello
I am a complete new user to the ESP32 so my apologies for any stupid questions, here we go:
I started this week exploring the ESP32 using eclipse version 19-09 and am able to build and run templates such as hello world, blink, adc2,.. using eclipse.
I have a colleague who wrote some code that I would like to start from for a project. The code works perfectly on his computer and we are both under windows, use eclipse 19-09 and python 2.7 and followed the same github tutorial to install the esp-idf.

He exported his code in eclipse to a zip file archive. When I want to import the code, I unzipped the files and import => existing IDF project -> browse to the files, and copy the project to the workspace. When I build this project, I get this error:

Building in: C:\Users\sravyts\Desktop\helloworld_adc\helloworld_adc\build
cmake --build . -- -v
[1/4] cmd.exe /C "cd /D C:\Users\sravyts\Desktop\helloworld_adc\helloworld_adc\build\bootloader && C:\Users\sravyts\.espressif\tools\cmake\3.13.4\bin\cmake.exe -DSDKCONFIG=C:/Users/sravyts/Desktop/helloworld_adc/helloworld_adc/sdkconfig -DIDF_PATH=C:/esp-idf -DIDF_TARGET=esp32 -DPYTHON_DEPS_CHECKED=1 -DPYTHON=python -DEXTRA_COMPONENT_DIRS=C:/esp-idf/components/bootloader -DLEGACY_INCLUDE_COMMON_HEADERS= -GNinja C:/esp-idf/components/bootloader/subproject && C:\Users\sravyts\.espressif\tools\cmake\3.13.4\bin\cmake.exe -E touch C:/Users/sravyts/Desktop/helloworld_adc/helloworld_adc/build/bootloader-prefix/src/bootloader-stamp/bootloader-configure"
FAILED: bootloader-prefix/src/bootloader-stamp/bootloader-configure
cmd.exe /C "cd /D C:\Users\sravyts\Desktop\helloworld_adc\helloworld_adc\build\bootloader && C:\Users\sravyts\.espressif\tools\cmake\3.13.4\bin\cmake.exe -DSDKCONFIG=C:/Users/sravyts/Desktop/helloworld_adc/helloworld_adc/sdkconfig -DIDF_PATH=C:/esp-idf -DIDF_TARGET=esp32 -DPYTHON_DEPS_CHECKED=1 -DPYTHON=python -DEXTRA_COMPONENT_DIRS=C:/esp-idf/components/bootloader -DLEGACY_INCLUDE_COMMON_HEADERS= -GNinja C:/esp-idf/components/bootloader/subproject && C:\Users\sravyts\.espressif\tools\cmake\3.13.4\bin\cmake.exe -E touch C:/Users/sravyts/Desktop/helloworld_adc/helloworld_adc/build/bootloader-prefix/src/bootloader-stamp/bootloader-configure"
CMake Error at C:/esp-idf/tools/cmake/project.cmake:307 (__project):
Running

'C:/Users/gielvandenbroeck/.espressif/tools/ninja/1.9.0/ninja.exe' '--version'

failed with:

The system cannot find the file specified
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:27 (project)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "C:/Users/sravyts/Desktop/helloworld_adc/helloworld_adc/build/bootloader/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "C:/Users/sravyts/Desktop/helloworld_adc/helloworld_adc/build/bootloader/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
Build complete (0 errors, 0 warnings): C:\Users\sravyts\Desktop\helloworld_adc\helloworld_adc\build

TO be complete, his code started from the adc2_example and I see the adc2_example_main.c file in my project explorer in the project that I imported (I called it helloworld_adc_4 as its the 4th attempt to import it). Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong here?
Thanks in advance! :)
Simon

Scott.Bonomi

Re: How to share projects properly?

Postby Scott.Bonomi » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:44 pm

It looks like the defect is in the path to the copy of ninja.exe. I believe the user you got this from was gielvandenbroeck and you do not share the same computer. Correcting the path to ninja should help with this issue.

One option is to ensure all paths are relative rather than absolute when making projects and makefiles.
I have done this with prior versions of VS tools. but not with current Code yet.