Eclipse Installation - Cmake Error - Python dependencies

ben3welec

Eclipse Installation - Cmake Error - Python dependencies

Postby ben3welec » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:54 pm

Hi All,

I'm trying to install a fresh copy of Eclipse following the instructions at https://github.com/espressif/idf-eclips ... requisites

Everything appears to work up until I try to build the idf_default_template project (or any other project for that matter).

I get "CMake Error at C:/ESP-DEV/esp-idf-v4.2/tools/cmake/build.cmake:271 (message):
Some Python dependencies must be installed. Check above message for
details.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
C:/ESP-DEV/esp-idf-v4.2/tools/cmake/build.cmake:397 (__build_check_python)
C:/ESP-DEV/esp-idf-v4.2/tools/cmake/project.cmake:395 (idf_build_process)
CMakeLists.txt:6 (project)"

The full output from the build console is:
  1. Building in: C:\Dropbox\EMBEDDED\ESP_IDF_DEV\awpl_bt_modem\build
  2. cmake -G Ninja -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=C:\ESP-DEV\esp-idf-v4.2\tools\cmake\toolchain-esp32.cmake -DCMAKE_EXPORT_COMPILE_COMMANDS=ON -DIDF_TARGET=esp32 C:\Dropbox\EMBEDDED\ESP_IDF_DEV\awpl_bt_modem
  3. -- Project is not inside a git repository, or git repository has no commits; will not use 'git describe' to determine PROJECT_VER.
  4. -- Building ESP-IDF components for target esp32
  5. -- Checking Python dependencies...
  6. The following Python requirements are not satisfied:
  7. click>=5.0
  8. pyserial>=3.0
  9. future>=0.15.2
  10. cryptography>=2.1.4
  11. pyparsing>=2.0.3,<2.4.0
  12. pyelftools>=0.22
  13. gdbgui==0.13.2.0
  14. pygdbmi<=0.9.0.2
  15. reedsolo>=1.5.3,<=1.5.4
  16. bitstring>=3.1.6
  17. ecdsa>=0.16.0
  18. esp-windows-curses; sys_platform == 'win32'
  19. To install the missing packages, please run "C:\ESP-DEV\esp-idf-v4.2\install.bat"
  20. Diagnostic information:
  21.     IDF_PYTHON_ENV_PATH: C:\Users\3WBKidd\.espressif\python_env\idf4.2_py3.9_env
  22.     Python interpreter used: C:\Users\3WBKidd\.espressif\python_env\idf4.2_py3.9_env\Scripts\python.exe
  23. CMake Error at C:/ESP-DEV/esp-idf-v4.2/tools/cmake/build.cmake:271 (message):
  24.   Some Python dependencies must be installed.  Check above message for
  25.   details.
  26. Call Stack (most recent call first):
  27.   C:/ESP-DEV/esp-idf-v4.2/tools/cmake/build.cmake:397 (__build_check_python)
  28.   C:/ESP-DEV/esp-idf-v4.2/tools/cmake/project.cmake:395 (idf_build_process)
  29.   CMakeLists.txt:6 (project)
  32. -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
  33. See also "C:/Dropbox/EMBEDDED/ESP_IDF_DEV/awpl_bt_modem/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
  34. cmake --build . -- -v
  35. ninja: error: loading 'build.ninja': The system cannot find the file specified.
  38. Build complete (0 errors, 0 warnings): C:\Dropbox\EMBEDDED\ESP_IDF_DEV\awpl_bt_modem\build
I'm sure I did something wrong in setting up eclipse, but I really can't figure out what.

ben3welec

Re: Eclipse Installation - Cmake Error - Python dependencies

Postby ben3welec » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:36 pm

I don't know if this "correct", but here's what I did to fix my problem:

I noticed a message within the console that said “To install the missing packages, please run "C:\ESP-DEV\esp-idf-v4.2\install.bat". Running that batch file resulted itself in more error messages that included a message to install The Visual C++ build tools from installed https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/visu ... ild-tools/.

I also noticed that my PATH system environment variable did not include the Python path in it so I added that path (In my case it was C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39)

The PYTHONPATH system variable was missing as well, so I added it (Same path C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39)

After installing the microsoft visual-cpp-build-tools, I re-ran the install.bat file (located in \esp-idf-v4.2\ directory) and that seemed to clear up the errors that resulted from running said batch file.

After all that and a restart to eclispe, I was able to build my projects.

Is it supposed to be this hard?