In Eclipse using ESP-IDF plugin, why do I have to keep rebuilding the index?

mbratch

In Eclipse using ESP-IDF plugin, why do I have to keep rebuilding the index?

Postby mbratch » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:34 am

I have grown to really like using Eclipse for my ESP32 ESP-IDF development.

However, there's one very annoying thing I keep having to do: rebuild the index. It will be fine for awhile, then suddenly it starts flagging all of my external function calls and variable references with squiggly lines like they aren't found in the headers. It compiles successfully.

On top of this, I can't just rebuild the index. I have to do it several times before it finally works. I'm not actually sure what makes it finally work. I just keep fiddling with it until I finally get it to work on some attempt. Then it will be fine for awhile again and then, say after a build, it goes back into flagging functions and variables again. I think if I do a "clean", exit, then restart Eclipse, I can do the index rebuild and it will actually do something.

So, I'm not sure what's going on here. The behavior is very strange. Has anyone else experienced this and found a way to resolve it? I tried posting over in the Eclipse forum. I received a quick response, but they said that this is due to the plugin, not Eclipse.

ESP_kondalkolipaka

Re: In Eclipse using ESP-IDF plugin, why do I have to keep rebuilding the index?

Postby ESP_kondalkolipaka » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:57 am

Hello,

We have fixed some of these problems with our recent releases, please get the latest version using the update site.

v2.2.0 release notes
https://github.com/espressif/idf-eclips ... tag/v2.2.0

However, we could see some instability around the indexer we will fix those specific issues with our next release. keep you posted.

Thank you.

mbratch

Re: In Eclipse using ESP-IDF plugin, why do I have to keep rebuilding the index?

Postby mbratch » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:48 pm

Thank you, I will give that a try!

mbratch

Postby mbratch » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:58 pm

kondalkolipaka wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:57 am
Hello,

We have fixed some of these problems with our recent releases, please get the latest version using the update site.

v2.2.0 release notes
https://github.com/espressif/idf-eclips ... tag/v2.2.0

However, we could see some instability around the indexer we will fix those specific issues with our next release. keep you posted.

Thank you.
This was definitely an improvement! Now after a clean build, the index > refresh function seems to consistently clear up the issue flags.