#includes errors persistent as hell

Brichart

#includes errors persistent as hell

Postby Brichart » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:57 am

Forum team:

I'm getting persistent #include errors no matter how I set my ESP_IDF path and making sure I put it in carefully.
I check that parthways to make certain the files are being pointed at correctly and they are.
I also did a gdb --version, g++ --version, and make --version check in command prompt. THe command prompt showed the versions as expected.
I tried looking at and emulating the issue opened up at github post espressif/vscode-esp-idf-extension entitled "#includes missing in visual
studio code (VSC-224). THis was opened up on Jan 2020. Can you tell me what the issue is? IT's unbelievably frustrating and I've spent weeks
trying to figure it out.

IDF_PATH = d:\ESP\esp-idf

{
"configurations": [
{
"name": "Win32",
"includePath": ["${config:idf.espIdfPath}/components/**"],
"defines": ["_DEBUG", "UNICODE", "_UNICODE"],
"windowsSdkVersion": "10.0.19041.0",
"compilerPath": "C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/gcc.exe",
"cStandard": "c17",
"cppStandard": "c++17",
"intelliSenseMode": "windows-gcc-x64",
"compileCommands": "${config:idf.espIdfPath}/examples/get-started/hello_world/build/**",
"browse": {
"path": ["${config:idf.espIdfPath}/**"],
"limitSymbolsToIncludedHeaders": false
}
}
],
"version": 4
}

ESP_bignacio

Re: #includes errors persistent as hell

Postby ESP_bignacio » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:11 am

You mentioned you set IDF_PATH = d:\ESP\esp-idf but is this an environment variable or is it an extension configuration setting?

Have you configured the extension by following this tutorial ?

For the c_cpp_properties.json configuration there is this documentation here.

The value ${config:idf.espIdfPath} is dependent on the extension being configured already. Your compile_commands.json path should be
"compileCommands": "${workspaceFolder}/build/compile_commands.json" if you are able to build successfully as explained in the C_CPP_CONFIGURATION documentation.

Here is the troubleshooting part if nothing of the above works.