Eclipse unable to find Python after updating Python version and setting new path

mbratch

Eclipse unable to find Python after updating Python version and setting new path

Postby mbratch » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:40 pm

I had changed from Python 3.7 to Python 3.8 and updated all the paths I thought necessary. Running `idf.py` works fine, but I am getting the following error when I do a clean build from Eclipse:

Code: Select all

-- Checking Python dependencies...
Python was not found; run without arguments to install from the Microsoft Store, or disable this shortcut from
Settings > Manage App Execution Aliases.
I have set IDF_PYTHON_ENV and IDF_PYTHON_ENV_PATH in the preferences to the correct path in my espressif IDF install where it is located (`C:\Users\xxxxx\.espressif\python_env\idf4.3_py3.8_env`). I also have no "App Execution Alias" set for Python. The only Python installation I have is in the .espressif folder. Where or how is Eclipse looking for Python in this context?

So for the record, neither of the two recommendations in the error message solve the problem.

A clean build from the Powershell using `idf.py build` works fine. Once that has been done, then incremental builds from Eclipse also work fine since the build folder has the correct path in the make files.

I tried doing Install Tools from the tools manager, and reinstalling the esp-idf stuff (referencing my already-installed directory) but that didn't correct it.
Last edited by mbratch on Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mbratch

Re: Eclipse unable to find Python after updating Python version and setting new path

Postby mbratch » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:10 pm

:(