New Launch Target is not saved & Unresolved inclusion

leschge

New Launch Target is not saved & Unresolved inclusion

Postby leschge » Fri May 06, 2022 1:54 pm

hey,
I am new to the Espressif IDF and installed the Espressif-IDE 2.4.2 with ESP-IDF v4.4.
After downloading everything, I created a folder and copied the wifi/scan example so that it looks like this: C:\Users\MyUsername\Documents\esp\workspace_test1\scan

The Launch Target only displays "Local", so I a new one as shown in the picture. But after clicking on finish. This launch target is not visible, only the "Local" is shown.
However if I create a new project from scratch, all my Launch Targets are displayed correctly.

My second problem is, that Espressif IDE does not know where to find all #include files. Do I have to add them manually?

Thanks.
Attachments
espressif_idf.jpg
espressif_idf.jpg (334.59 KiB) Viewed 3373 times

ESP_Sprite

Re: New Launch Target is not saved & Unresolved inclusion

Postby ESP_Sprite » Sat May 07, 2022 5:06 am

Moved ESP-IDF -> IDEs

ESP_kondalkolipaka

Postby ESP_kondalkolipaka » Mon May 09, 2022 1:39 am

Hello,

#include files will be resolved only after the build. Looking at the screenshot the project is not built as I don't see the "build" folder in the project. Could you build the project and see if that helps?

IDF eclipse plugin offers a way to create a project directly from eclipse.
https://github.com/espressif/idf-eclips ... ingDefault

- Make sure you are in C/C++ Perspective
- Go to File > New > Espressif IDF Project
- Provide the Project name
- Click Finish

Please follow the above steps to create a project and see if the default launch targets are getting appeared(esp32 and esp32s2). In your case, the launch target would have been created but you need to select it manually from the drop-down.

To import an existing project, please follow the steps from here https://github.com/espressif/idf-eclips ... ortProject

I hope that helps.

leschge

Postby leschge » Mon May 09, 2022 6:51 am

Thank you very much.

The #include files got resolved after build. The targets now also appear when I open an example via New -> Espressif IDF Project -> Next -> Template