Visual Studio Code ESP - extension, unable to configure,

Postby chuanlu66 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:57 pm

Hi,

I post it in the generate area too,

I am unable to configure the sample code, i.e. hello_World,, message is blow,

I attach the CMakeOutput.log

[main] Building folder: hello_world
[main] Configuring folder: hello_world
[proc] Executing command: C:\Espressif\tools\cmake\3.20.3\bin\cmake.EXE --no-warn-unused-cli -DCMAKE_EXPORT_COMPILE_COMMANDS:BOOL=TRUE -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Debug -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER:FILEPATH=C:\Espressif\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf\esp-2021r2-patch3-8.4.0\xtensa-esp32-elf\bin\xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc.exe -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:FILEPATH=C:\Espressif\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf\esp-2021r2-patch3-8.4.0\xtensa-esp32-elf\bin\xtensa-esp32-elf-g++.exe -Sc:/UserData/sandbox/ESP32S/hello_world -Bc:/UserData/sandbox/ESP32S/hello_world/build -G Ninja
[cmake] Not searching for unused variables given on the command line.
[main] Configuring folder: hello_world
[cmake] -- Project is not inside a git repository, or git repository has no commits; will not use 'git describe' to determine PROJECT_VER.
[cmake] -- Building ESP-IDF components for target esp32
[cmake] -- Project sdkconfig file C:/UserData/sandbox/ESP32S/hello_world/sdkconfig
[cmake] Traceback (most recent call last):
[cmake] File "C:\Espressif\frameworks\esp-idf-v4.4.1\tools\kconfig_new\confgen.py", line 33, in <module>
[cmake] import gen_kconfig_doc
[cmake] File "C:\Espressif\frameworks\esp-idf-v4.4.1\tools\kconfig_new\gen_kconfig_doc.py", line 27, in <module>
[cmake] import kconfiglib
[cmake] ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'kconfiglib'
[cmake] CMake Error at C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v4.4.1/tools/cmake/kconfig.cmake:266 (message):
[cmake] Failed to run confgen.py
[cmake] (python;C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v4.4.1/tools/kconfig_new/confgen.py;--kconfig;C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v4.4.1/Kconfig;--sdkconfig-rename;C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v4.4.1/sdkconfig.rename;--config;C:/UserData/sandbox/ESP32S/hello_world/sdkconfig;--env-file;C:/UserData/sandbox/ESP32S/hello_world/build/config.env).
[cmake] Error 1
[cmake] Call Stack (most recent call first):
[cmake] C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v4.4.1/tools/cmake/build.cmake:528 (__kconfig_generate_config)
[cmake] C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v4.4.1/tools/cmake/project.cmake:378 (idf_build_process)
[cmake] CMakeLists.txt:6 (project)
[cmake]
[cmake]
[cmake] -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
[cmake] See also "C:/UserData/sandbox/ESP32S/hello_world/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
Attachments
CMakeOutput.log
(66.06 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
Thanks,

Chuan Lu

Momin786

Re: Visual Studio Code ESP - extension, unable to configure,

Postby Momin786 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:27 am

Yes, it gives issues when we install esp-idf directly from VS code and I also faced the same issue. You can install esp-idf from the installer and then integrate it with esp-idf. I follow this guide: https://esp32tutorials.com/install-esp3 ... e-vs-code/ and it worked for me.
I create ESP32 tutorials and Projects using ESP-IDF https://esp32tutorials.com/

Surjeet

Postby Surjeet » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:11 pm

I've installed ESP-IDF using the installer and using VS Code Extention to build a project still getting - ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'kconfiglib' for V5.0.1.

ESP_radurentea

Postby ESP_radurentea » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:43 am

Surjeet wrote: I've installed ESP-IDF using the installer and using VS Code Extention to build a project still getting - ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'kconfiglib' for V5.0.1.
Hi Surjeet,

I will need more information in order to be able to help you. As explained in the IDEs FAQ post, please try to troubleshoot the issue using our Troubleshooting Guide
If you can't figure it out, in order for us to be able to help you, we will need the output from the Doctor Command, you can just paste it in here.

Thanks!