make flash error in MINGW32

joe-esp

make flash error in MINGW32

Postby joe-esp » Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:12 pm

Hello,

I have had to port an old project developed using the MINGW32 shell to a new Windows 10 PC. This shel has integrated the lib of Phython 2.7.

In the project directory I have setup the COM (using "make menuconfig") to the right port for connecting to a ESP32 DevKitC V4. I have confirmed that the Windows detects the device and the the COM (in this case is COM8) works fine to the right speed (115200 bauds).

I am able to execute a "make all" with a good final result.

But when I execute a "make flash", the answer is the next:

$ make flash
Flashing binaries to serial port COM8 (app at offset 0x100000)...
esptool.py v2.5.1
Serial port COM8
Connecting...
Traceback (most recent call last):
---
(and the final line is)
File "C:/msys32/mingw32/lib/python2.7/site-packages/serial/serialwin32.py", line 62, in open
raise SerialException("could not open port {!r}: {!r}".format(self.portstr, ctypes.WinError()))
serial.serialutil.SerialException: could not open port 'COM25': WindowsError(2, 'El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado.')

The shell is running in my user and not in the administrator user.

I have tried different things but none works. It always looks like it's not possible to connect to the DevKitC, which was one verified in another environment.

Please,may you help me on this? I'm evaluating using some other ESP Flasher, but I would like to clone the same environment I had in another PC.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,