VSCODE extension - Can not change monitor baud

felixcollins

VSCODE extension - Can not change monitor baud

Postby felixcollins » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:59 pm

I'm running idf5 and vscode extension. When I run the config gui I can not find the options to change log output baud and monitor baud. If I edit the sdkconfig file directly my changes get overwritten the next time I build. I thought the sdkconfig was the source of truth for a project but it seems this is not true for the vscode extension.

Where are these settings saved for a esp32-vscode project?

Thanks,
Felix

felixcollins

Re: VSCODE extension - Can not change monitor baud

Postby felixcollins » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:43 am

I have a further related question... How can I define configINCLUDE_FREERTOS_TASK_C_ADDITIONS_H? Can I add this option to the SDKCONFIG somehow without modifying the kconfig for the freertos component?

ESP_bignacio

Postby ESP_bignacio » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:33 am

If the option is not visible in menuconfig is probably because it depends on another configuration that hides this value. When the build happens there is a configuration validation that will use a default value if another configuration is disabled.

felixcollins

Postby felixcollins » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:21 pm

@ESP_bignacio why would the monitor baud depend on another value and be hidden? Perhaps my project has corrupted config somewhere. Is there a good overview of how this works with the VSCODE plugin anywhere? I can not find where the "source of truth" for the config is stored. As I said, if I manually change the config values they get overwritten when I build. Where are the values coming from?