Command ... ... not found - ESP-IDF VSCode Extension v1.6.0

FWerle

Command ... ... not found - ESP-IDF VSCode Extension v1.6.0

Postby FWerle » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:22 pm

Hello,

I use to compile my code at Eclipse in my old computer.

Now I need to reinstall it and would like to give a try at VS Code.

It looks easier and smother.

I followed the step by step recommended at Espressif web site https://github.com/espressif/vscode-esp ... install.md
I did it yesterday, so I got the ESP-IDF VSCode Extension v1.6.0
But it didn't work.
It installed all softwares that were automatically downloaded

I was able to start "ESP-IDF: Configure ESP-IDF extension" once, selected Express, but after that I always get a "Command ... ... not found"

If I try ESP-IDF: Show Examples Projects, ESP-IDF: Create ESP-IDF project, ESP-IDF: Configure ESP-IDF extension again but all them give me the same message.

What I'm doing wrong?

I tried to remove the extension and install again and didn't get any change.

Jorgen

Re: Command ... ... not found - ESP-IDF VSCode Extension v1.6.0

Postby Jorgen » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:07 am

Dear FWerle,

I do not think you are doing anything wrong. I have the same problem. I spent 1½ day solid on solving it by redoing installation and changing the order in which I install VS Code and the ESP-IDF. I used this forum to ask for help, but the problem was not solved.

In the end I gave up.

I installed the ESP-IDF as a self standing app. If you tick the boxes to install the Espressif IDE, you will get an Espressif IDE icon on your desktop, and you will be able to run the Espressif IDE, which I find even better than the VS Code.

Regards,
Jorgen

a2800276

Re: Command ... ... not found - ESP-IDF VSCode Extension v1.6.0

Postby a2800276 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:29 am

There is currently an open issue around this. The workaround is to launch code from a directory that contains a file named `CMakeLists.txt` the issue is here : https://github.com/espressif/vscode-esp ... 8920587182 and seems to be resolved in 1.6.1