ESP installation always fails with all platforms

eitanmardiks

ESP installation always fails with all platforms

Postby eitanmardiks » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:22 pm

I am trying to install the ESP in both the Eclipse version and VS Studio - everything always fails with all kinds of errors. I tried many times on several computers nothing works! Can anyone provide a hint of what I am doing wrong? - Error messages are different, in most cases, I get "file not found" and it's not consistent. Here is one example related to VS studio installation:

The system cannot find the path specified.
Command failed: "d:\ESP_IDF\ESP_IDF_TOOLS\python_env\idf5.1_py3.11_env\Scripts\python.exe" -m pip install --upgrade --constraint "c:\Users\eitan\.vscode\extensions\espressif.esp-idf-extension-1.6.5\espidf.constraints.txt" --no-warn-script-location -r "c:\Users\eitan\.vscode\extensions\espressif.esp-idf-extension-1.6.5\requirements.txt"
Command failed: "d:\ESP_IDF\ESP_IDF_TOOLS\python_env\idf5.1_py3.11_env\Scripts\python.exe" -m pip install --upgrade --constraint "c:\Users\eitan\.vscode\extensions\espressif.esp-idf-extension-1.6.5\espidf.constraints.txt" --no-warn-script-location -r "c:\Users\eitan\.vscode\extensions\espressif.esp-idf-extension-1.6.5\requirements.txt"

With the Eclipse environment, I never was able to build any project - the most typical error code is: Failed to run Python dependency check. Python: -- Configuring incomplete

ESP_bignacio

Re: ESP installation always fails with all platforms

Postby ESP_bignacio » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:18 am

Can you provide the troubleshooting information?

https://github.com/espressif/vscode-esp ... leshooting

Also can you check these files exists?

d:\ESP_IDF\ESP_IDF_TOOLS\python_env\idf5.1_py3.11_env\Scripts\python.exe

c:\Users\eitan\.vscode\extensions\espressif.esp-idf-extension-1.6.5\espidf.constraints.txt

c:\Users\eitan\.vscode\extensions\espressif.esp-idf-extension-1.6.5\requirements.txt

eitanmardiks

Re: ESP installation always fails with all platforms

Postby eitanmardiks » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:08 am

Hi,

The file you mentioned exists with a slight difference, the python file is in D:\ESP-IDF\python_env\idf5.1_py3.11_env\Scripts i.e. not in an "ESP_IDF_TOOLS" folder, I attached it here and also the log file where you see many error messages as a result of several installation trials that always fail.

Thanks,

Eitan
Attachments
esp_idf_vsc_ext.log
(248.06 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
espidf.constraints.txt
(2.32 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
requirements.txt
(22 Bytes) Downloaded 70 times