Espressif IDE, remove projects from Project Explorer and re-load them

Jorgen

Espressif IDE, remove projects from Project Explorer and re-load them

Postby Jorgen » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:55 pm

2. What is the correct way of removing projects from the Project Explorer?
  4. When there are too many projects in the Project Explorer, I right click on a project. A menu comes up. I left click "Delete". A window "Delete Resources" comes up. I tick all boxes except for the one "Delete project contents on disk (cannot be undone)" and left click "OK".
  5. That's all fine, but when I later want to load the project back into the Project Explorer, I use the menu "File" and click "Open Projects from File System...". A window "Input Projects from File System or Archive" comes up. I use the Directory button to navigate to the folder holding the project, which I want to have back in the Project Explorer. All subfolders are ticked. Fine, the project gets back in the Project Explorer, [u]BUT files that were in the "components" folder are not to be seen in the Project Explorer, although they are part of the project, when it is build and run[/u]. This is a frustrating behavior. I want to be able to edit the content of the components also.
  7. Please, inform me on whether I am doing anything wrong?
  9. What is the correct approach?
  11. Is it a bug in the Espressif IDE?
  13. Regards,
  14. Jorgen

ESP_kondalkolipaka

Re: Espressif IDE, remove projects from Project Explorer and re-load them

Postby ESP_kondalkolipaka » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:52 am

Hello Jorgen,

Please follow the below approach for importing existing esp-idf projects into the eclipse or espressif-ide.

- File > Import > Espressif > Existing IDF Project >
- Click Next
- Click on Browse... button to choose the existing esp-idf project
- Click on Finish.

You should be able to see the project along with the components folder within the project explorer. I have verified and it seems to be working fine.

Same is documented here as well https://github.com/espressif/idf-eclips ... ortProject

Jorgen

Postby Jorgen » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:09 pm

Dear,

I have tried your suggestion, but the folders are empty in the components folder. There was code in the folders, when I made the project in the first place, but that code is not loaded into the folders when importing the project.

Regards,
Jorgen

ESP_kondalkolipaka

Postby ESP_kondalkolipaka » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:55 am

Hi Jorgen,

Could you please share the steps you've taken with a sample app which we could try from our end.

To demonstrate this, I have uploaded a screen recording of importing ethernet example to workspace.
Please check here https://youtu.be/a6qAWyJkHqo

Thanks