How to download file to Device?

felixcollins

How to download file to Device?

Postby felixcollins » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:29 am

I'm investigating using rainmaker for a new product. One of the requirements is for the end user to be able to send files from the app to be stored on local flash storage on the device. They will be able to manage a list of those files saved to local storage on the device - list, delete, reorder, delete all etc. What would be the best way to go about adding this to the app? I can imagine creating some custom http endpoints on the device and accessing them locally from the app with custom code, but I wondered if there was a way to extend the Services API and the public app to support this functionality, thereby enabling it for all rainmaker users. Should I put in a feature request? Would a pull request be accepted?

Cheers,
Felix

ESP_Piyush

Re: How to download file to Device?

Postby ESP_Piyush » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:11 am

File upload/download is not supported currently, but if you let us know what kind of files you want to store and their size, we can suggest something based on RainMaker services and the newly added command-response framework.

felixcollins

Postby felixcollins » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:51 pm

They are mp3 audio files for the device to play using ADF. They will be stored on an SD card. The user should be able to manage (List, Add, Remove, Reorder) the audio files on the device.

The user will also be able to choose between several hard coded playlists and their own custom playlist (as above), but that should be implementable using the drop down string chooser if I understand things correctly.

felixcollins

Postby felixcollins » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:54 pm

@ESP_Piyush Any comments? Thanks!