Rainmaker WiFi auto reconnect

John__

Rainmaker WiFi auto reconnect

Postby John__ » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:01 pm

By chance, I had some electrical issues today and the wifi went down multiple times. I had previously thought that my Rainmaker device had reconnected automatically (its in the car and goes out of range when I drive away). This time it didn't and required a manual reboot which isn't good for a 'remote' device. Is this normal behaviour or a one-off? My network consists of 2 x UBQUITI access points

ESP_Piyush

Re: Rainmaker WiFi auto reconnect

Postby ESP_Piyush » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:16 pm

Hi John,

I myself have not seen such an issue. I have multiple RainMaker powered bulbs installed at my home and I keep loosing Internet connection every once in a while (from the service provider side itself) and one of the bulbs is connected to a router which is turned off at night, but the bulbs are typically always accessible and never required a reboot.

Meanwhile, could the device not connect to the Wi-Fi itself, or could it just not connect to the Internet (can be checked if you have local control enabled).

John__

Re: Rainmaker WiFi auto reconnect

Postby John__ » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:37 pm

Hi Piyush,

Thanks for your reply. I too have several devices and they have always recovered when out of range of the network etc. All I can think of is that since the ADSL connection takes longer to come up, that was something to do with it although your experience says that won't happen either. Just one of those things to keep an eye on :)