Admin Cli CA Generation

JoshNOA

Admin Cli CA Generation

Postby JoshNOA » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:47 pm

Hi All,

Might be worth checking the CA generation on the Admin Cli side, Ive been trying to follow your prompts and currently I cannot get the --outdir parameter to work correctly.

The documentation states that if the directory doesnt exist, it will be created, which for me is not the case.

I am able to generate the CA files by using the cacert generate with default arguments, and manually moving them to where I wish for them to go.

Also tried creating the directory ahead of time, did not work properly.

Im on Ubuntu 20.04LTS, running with a modified 5.1 Docker image ontop.

ESP_Piyush

Re: Admin Cli CA Generation

Postby ESP_Piyush » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:02 pm

Hi Josh,

I tired this at my end and it works on macOS atleast.

./rainmaker_admin_cli.py certs cacert generate --outdir my_CA created a my_CA directory and the ca.key and ca.crt were generated at my_CA/2023-11-22/Mfg-000001/common/. I am checking with the team to see if this is some Linux specific issue. Can you share the logs for this? Either the prints on the terminal or the detailed log under logs/ folder, whichever captures this issue.

JoshNOA

Re: Admin Cli CA Generation

Postby JoshNOA » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:55 pm

Hey Piyush,

Happy new year!

Sorry for abandoning this thread! I will be back doing another round of flashing soon, in which I intend to use the same methods as before. If this error shows herself during that process I will ensure to get you the most verbose logs I can.

Best Wishes,

Josh C