Cannot update firmware - faulty device?

nick076

Cannot update firmware - faulty device?

Postby nick076 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:41 pm

I received esp32 s3 box yesterday ordered on offical espresif AliExpress page.

I couldn't access network configuration (following manual) so i found github page and followed guide to update device with 0.30 firmware.

both ESP Lanucher and Esp flashing tools freeze at random intervals, now my board only has black screen .

I confirm that i am in boot mood. Download starts but freezes at random 1% or 10% or whatever percentage with connection lost error. I tried 2 USB C cables...

What can i do?

ESP_Sprite

Re: Cannot update firmware - faulty device?

Postby ESP_Sprite » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:24 am

Try to put the device into download mode manually - on the side there's two buttons, one with an arrow in a circle on the bottom, one with a sun on the top. Make sure USB is plugged in, then hold the top button and press+release the bottom one. Finally release the top one and re-try flashing.

nick076

Postby nick076 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:11 am

ESP_Sprite wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:24 am
Try to put the device into download mode manually - on the side there's two buttons, one with an arrow in a circle on the bottom, one with a sun on the top. Make sure USB is plugged in, then hold the top button and press+release the bottom one. Finally release the top one and re-try flashing.
I did that many times, it just doesn't work and upgrade fails . Finally i succeeded with Esptool.exe and bin ,you may want to test EspLauncher and why it fails on windows.

Thanks

ESP_Rachel

Postby ESP_Rachel » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:45 am

Hi, thanks for you issue submission. It's a known issue being tracked. Please pay attention to this link https://github.com/espressif/esp-launchpad/issues/18