ESP Box Speech Command Minimum working example

steffan

ESP Box Speech Command Minimum working example

Postby steffan » Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:06 am

Hey!

I'm trying to build a project where I use the ESP box to perform some basic tasks using voice recognition (basically just toggle some GPIO pins based on various commands). I'm trying to see if I can set up a basic working example where I can wake the device, say a command, and have a certain function run on the device. However, I have been looking through the examples and the documentation all day and have not made any leeway. The examples are all extremely complex and poorly commented... there are thousands of lines of code and it's unclear what is boilerplate, and what is actually needed.

Would somebody be able to provide some bare minimum sample code to intialize the voice recognition, and trigger a certain function based on a voice command (for example, turn on the light/turn off the light to toggle a given GPIO pin).

I know it is possible to set something like this up through the web app using the firmware, however this won't work for me, I need a bit more complexity. So really I'm looking for something like the "Blink" example in the Espressif IDE, except triggered via a voice command.

bidrohini

Re: ESP Box Speech Command Minimum working example

Postby bidrohini » Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:47 pm

Have you checked this video along with the links in the description box?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0jH1Brmee8

ESP_Rachel

Re: ESP Box Speech Command Minimum working example

Postby ESP_Rachel » Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:30 am

hi, it seems the firmware your device built in was an older version, please follow the guide to update the latest V0.3.0 factory firmware and enjoy the given GPIO control through self-defined voice commands, which can be configured through the ESP-BOX mobile app rather than the web app.
https://github.com/espressif/esp-box/bl ... t-firmware