ESP RF Test Guide Document Need Explaination

adnanhussain

ESP RF Test Guide Document Need Explaination

Postby adnanhussain » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:50 am

We have been performing some RF tests using the RF test tools and binaries provided by ESP. I have conducted the BLE TX and RX tests according to the guidelines however I am unable to understand the output log of the test result highlighted in the image below. Image

The ESP guide document vaguely explains what these logs refers to without providing any explanation. How do I know what the above HEX log means? Image
Attachments
dada.png
dada.png (252.75 KiB) Viewed 3363 times
SAD.png
SAD.png (168.96 KiB) Viewed 3363 times

LindaZhang

Re: ESP RF Test Guide Document Need Explaination

Postby LindaZhang » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:34 am

ESP32_BLE_RX_Log.png
ESP32_BLE_RX_Log.png (55.39 KiB) Viewed 3043 times
The first field (#1) indicates the total number of packets received in this period. In this case, the field value is e19.

The second field (#2) indicates the number of packets received at the corresponding rate in this period. In this case, the field value is 0.

The third-to-last field (#21) indicates the in-band power of the total packets in this period. In this case, the third-to-last field is e460.

The last field (#23) indicates the gain of the total packets in this period. In this case, the field value is b745.

All the fields described show values in the hexadecimal system.

For BLE 4.2, we use PER to verify the RX performance. We will also update the document accordingly.