Documentation Requests/Feedback

ESP_krzychb

Re: Documentation Requests/Feedback

Postby ESP_krzychb » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:57 am

Mr_Red wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:53 pm
I'm getting "Page does not exist yet" error when trying to access the following versions of IDF doc (from the drop-down menu or from the release notes):
https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... 3.3-beta3/
https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp-idf/en/v3.1.4/
Hi @Mr_Red,

Thank you for pointing out this issue and sorry for problem with accessing documentation for these releases.
Before a new release and tag is published, you can resort to using release branch tags that have been made visible instead:

* release-v3.3
* release-v3.1

The release branch links contain the latest updates pushed to the repository for specific release.

Mr_Red

Postby Mr_Red » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:55 pm

krzychb wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:57 am
Hi @Mr_Red,

Thank you for pointing out this issue and sorry for problem with accessing documentation for these releases.
Before a new release and tag is published, you can resort to using release branch tags that have been made visible instead:

* release-v3.3
* release-v3.1

The release branch links contain the latest updates pushed to the repository for specific release.
@krzychb,

It would be great if the doc would show the IDF version on the index page. For example, if I go to the stable version doc, I don't see a quick way of knowing which IDF version it applies to. Also, does release-v3.1 apply to the last release tag (3.1.4) or the current state of the release-v3.1 branch?

ESP_krzychb

Postby ESP_krzychb » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:14 am

Hi @Mr_Red,

You are right, for “stable” release the specific version number is not immediately visible. It may be checked by clicking Get Started.

Answering you other question, "release-v3.1" shows the current state (latest commits) of the release/v3.1 branch.

To summarize on documentation available for specific ESP-IDF versions:

The IDF version is shown in upper left corner below Espressif's logo. Depending on what version is selected from a menu in bottom left corner (see ESP-IDF Versions), this will be:

* latest - for the current (latest) updates on master branch, this is also default selection when first opening https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp-idf/ page
* stable - for current stable release (go to Get Started to see the specific version number)
* vN.M.K - for specific version number, e.g. v3.1.3
* release-vN.M - for the current updates on specific branch, e.g. "release-v3.1" shows the current state of the release/v3.1 branch,
* some-branch-name - for the current state on some other branches, e.g. "feature-esp32s2beta" show the current state of "feature/esp32s2beta" branch prepared for beta testers of the ESP32-S2 Beta chip

ballsystemlord

Postby ballsystemlord » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:38 pm

Chalk another request for the ISA docs. I can get the ISA docs without an NDA for x86, amd64, ARM, and AVR. What's the hold up?

uis246

Postby uis246 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:29 pm

Wifi and bt baseband

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:55 am

ballsystemlord wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:38 pm
Chalk another request for the ISA docs. I can get the ISA docs without an NDA for x86, amd64, ARM, and AVR. What's the hold up?
The fact that it's not ours to release. We use the Xtensa architecture, which is owned by Cadence, and we can't freely release their ISA description as we're under an NDA.

rudi ;-)

esp32 wi-fi channel selection guidelines

Postby rudi ;-) » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:18 pm

hi

do we have likewise "esp8266 wi-fi channel selection guidelines" document for esp32 / esp32s2 ?

thank you

best wishes
rudi ;-)
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
-------------------------------------
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

jgustavoam

Postby jgustavoam » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:06 am

Hi Everyone,
I don't know if here is the best place to report errors in documentation.
But I found one simple and single error in :

ESP32 Technical Reference Manual version 4.1

12.4.6 I²S Master/Slave Mode
"The I2S_RX_START bit of register I2S_CONF_REG is used to enable a receive operation. When I²S is in master
transmitting mode and this bit is set, the module will keep driving the clock signal and sampling the input data
stream until this bit is reset. If I²S is configured to slave receiving mode and this bit is set, the receiving module
will wait for the master BCK clock to enable a receiving operation."

I think the correct is :
When I²S is in master RECEIVING mode and this bit is set, the module will keep driving the clock signal and sampling the input data
stream until this bit is reset.
Retired IBM Brasil
Electronic hobbyist since 1976.

sha388

Postby sha388 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:00 am

Hi everyone!

We are going through the process of certification of our products which have the ESP32 WROVER-B module installed, we are missing the test report for KCC certification, is there a way to have the test report in order to unlock our certification process?

Thanks in advance!

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:40 am

Suggest you mail sales@espressif.com for that. Note that due to CNY (which has been extended a bit because of the coronavirus), it may be a while before you get a response.