Contact for Direct Orders - Manufacturing Quantites

dksmcdksmc

Contact for Direct Orders - Manufacturing Quantites

Postby dksmcdksmc » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:42 am

I'm wondering if there is a direct contact I can reach out to for some pricing. I have sent two messages through the main website and sales forum regarding quotes for different quantities and some general questions, but I have not heard back.

Thanks in advance.

ESP_Sprite

Re: Contact for Direct Orders - Manufacturing Quantites

Postby ESP_Sprite » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:19 am

The main contact for sales is sending a mail to sales@espressif.com ; did you try that?

dksmcdksmc

Postby dksmcdksmc » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:36 am

ESP_Sprite wrote:The main contact for sales is sending a mail to sales@espressif.com ; did you try that?
No, only the sales form. Thanks very much for this, this is what I was looking for.

Thanks.

dksmcdksmc

Postby dksmcdksmc » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:25 am

Unfortunately I still haven't heard back from anyone. I've been waiting for some kind of reply for 1.5 weeks now.

ESP_Sprite, any suggestions?

If I can't even get a simple reply to my inquiries how can I feel comfortable using Espressif in our product designs?

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:30 am

I think you managed to mail at a somewhat unfortunate time: China has a holiday coming up next week, a lot of people are trying to take care of business just before it and I imagine some people have gone home for the holidays already to escape the insane masses of people in the airports/train stations that appear when tyhe holiday starts for real. If you can, hold on for another day or so; if it's really urgent PM me with your info and I'll try to poll the status from the sales team.

Leitukey

Postby Leitukey » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:10 am

dksmcdksmc wrote:Unfortunately I still haven't heard back from anyone. I've been waiting for some kind of reply for 1.5 weeks now.

ESP_Sprite, any suggestions?

If I can't even get a simple reply to my inquiries how can I feel comfortable using Espressif in our product designs?
@dksmcdksmc

I empathize with you. I feel uncomfortable about using Espressif products too.

The excuse @ESP_Sprite proffered immediately below your most recent posting in this thread is lame. 1.5 weeks without a response to an simple emailed sales inquiry is ridiculous. Within 72 hours, at the outside, after spending just a minute or two, an inside salesperson at Espressif should have emailed you a boilerplate response to your query. Something seems to be amiss at Espressif.

Espressif seems focused primarily on developing new products whereas marketing (which includes sales) seems to be given short shrift.

Because of their remarkable products I keep trying to give Espressif the "benefit of the doubt" but my doubts simply keep increasing. Gradually I am coming around to the idea of that going into production with the ESP8266 or ESP32 would lead to too much grief and aggravation to make it worthwhile.

Espressif has created a new product category with a couple of remarkable products yet Espressif seems poised to lose out to a competitor that will come into the market and treat customers properly.

Franco

Postby Franco » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:37 am

Hello, where are you based? I might be able to help. Please send me your request in PM and I will get this sorted out. Thank you.