Menuconfig options for ESP32 Arduino

mikemoy

Menuconfig options for ESP32 Arduino

Postby mikemoy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:01 pm

I have posted this @ platformIO, but that forum is no where near as responsive as people here. So I'd thought I'd give it a shot here as well.

Concerning make menuconfig. For ESP32 IDF i know how to do this, but with PlatformIO and using Arduino, how do we make changes in menuconfig. For instance, how can we enable PSRAM, and change other settings there ?

kolban

Re: Menuconfig options for ESP32 Arduino

Postby kolban » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:03 pm

Make menuconfig is a front end that results in a configuration file called "sdkconfig". I believe that if you look within the Arduino directories you will find the sdkconfig that is supplied with the Arduino environment. You can either edit sdkconfig by hand or take a copy of it to a utility project and replace the existing sdkconfig in that utility project with the Arduino copy. You could then use make menuconfig there and copy back the modified file after editing visually.

Oh ... and you know this ... but posting the same question in multiple forums ... the onus is on you to make sure that both are kept in sync and closed out when you have an answer with links to that answer in the other forums.
Free book on ESP32 available here: https://leanpub.com/kolban-ESP32

mikemoy

Postby mikemoy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:25 pm

@kolban

When creating a project in Arduino there is no sdkconfig.h in the project folder like there is when you create one for IDF.
It's unclear to me if i were say to copy the default "sdkconfig.h" over to my project directory, how to tell my project to use this one over the default in the Arduino "C:\Users\Mike\.platformio\packages\framework-arduinoespressif32\tools\sdk\include\config" folder

Moreover, probably for another topic post. The sdkconfig.h file in IDF does not have all the settings that are in menuconfig. Which makes this even more confusing.

WiFive

Postby WiFive » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:10 pm

You can't because Arduino uses precompiled libraries, aka those menuconfig options are already set in stone.

https://github.com/espressif/arduino-es ... mponent.md