ESP-IDF 1.0 Release plan

Moderator: ESP_flying_raijin

Ritesh

Re: ESP-IDF 1.0 Release plan

Postby Ritesh » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:44 pm

So, when you are planning to release complete I2C drivers I to ESP-IDF RTOS SDK?

Is there any plan to release it into next week?

Because , we have faced issue in UART that we have used Arduino based UART driver to start communication between other devices connected on other UART into ESP 32 board.

Now, we have checked that UART driver is released into ESP-IDF and found that it's different compare to Arduino based UART driver.

So, we need to understand whole driver again and need to port it for device communication which takes much time for that.

That's why i am asking about when they are planning to release I2C driver into ESP-IDF RTOS SDK.

Let me know if anyone has any informations about that Release Plan.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:02 pm

ESP_igrr wrote:An update on the 1.0 release.
We are working on getting these features reviewed and ready.
I expect that we will finish merging features on Friday.

thanks for the great work!

best wishes
rudi ;-)
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
-------------------------------------
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:35 am

Hi,

I have checked drivers features and found following drivers have been included into latest Release 1.0.
Drivers:

RMT driver
UART driver
PulseCounter driver
Ethernet driver (beta)
Timer Group driver
So, when will I get I2C driver to check sensor functionality into ESP32-idf RTOS SDK?
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

someburner

Postby someburner » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:27 am

Just want to give a big CONGRATS to the Espressif team. :D

I'm really impressed with everything you guys have compiled into this release, especially so soon after the general release of the chip. Compared to the SDK in the early days of the ESP8266, where even basic things like SPI were not well documented and had no sample code, this is a massive improvement. Keep up the good work!

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:15 pm

Hi,

Thanks Espressif System Team for Releasing ESP-IDF 1.0 Release. Now, it is managed with git which is easy to pull any changes whenever come into release which is plus point for that. Also, some documents are also good for development perspective with compilation steps.

I jus want to suggest that it is also great and helpful for us to provide basic driver like I2C drivers as well basic RF Analysis stuffs which is necessary for any WiFi related product.

Let me know if anyone has any idea for that as well.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

jmattsson

Postby jmattsson » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:50 am

@ESP_iggr Regarding the interrupt allocation, I would much prefer to have you get that into master sooner rather than later, regardless of whether it's 1.0 compatible. My alternative is pretty much rolling my own and ignoring whatever you might actually provide later, because by then it'll be too much effort to warrant changing it over. It reminds me of the history of precedence ordering in C...

TL;DR: It's better to break the API early on, imho. Until all the drivers are in, I don't think anyone is going to be overly upset, especially people who are tracking master. Get feature complete first, then worry about API stability.

ESP_igrr

Postby ESP_igrr » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:13 am

jmattsson: Interrupt allocation is going to be in master any day now. It's been reviewed already and we just need to do a few more tests with drivers which use it.

jmattsson

Postby jmattsson » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:16 am

<3

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:12 am

Hi ESP_igrr,

Do you have idea about when you guys are planning to release ESP-idf RTOS SDK with I2C Driver and RF Analysis features as we need it ASAP in my project?

Please let me know if you have idea for that.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

MalteJ

Postby MalteJ » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:21 am

ESP_igrr wrote:jmattsson: Interrupt allocation is going to be in master any day now. It's been reviewed already and we just need to do a few more tests with drivers which use it.
A big thanks to the Espressif Team!

I agree with jmattsson, if you already know there is an API change coming, then please do it as soon as possible! No one is relying on the API yet, so it's a great time to change something ;)

Regarding I2C - I'd love to see this feature soon, as we need it in our application!

Thank you!
Malte