ESP32 on Eclipse on Windows

TheFlyingZephyr

ESP32 on Eclipse on Windows

Postby TheFlyingZephyr » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:42 pm

Does anyone have an example project of deving ESP32 on a Windows IDE, preferably Eclipse? If not Eclipse than any other set of tools on Windows?
Principal dev at Microsoft. Specializing in Cloud, IOT. Currently using: Visual Studio, Visual Micro, C#, C++, Typescript, Xamarin, Arduino, ESP8266.

rudi ;-)

Re: ESP32 on Eclipse on Windows

Postby rudi ;-) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:57 am

TheFlyingZephyr wrote:Does anyone have an example project of deving ESP32 on a Windows IDE, preferably Eclipse? If not Eclipse than any other set of tools on Windows?
think you will need first build a windows version of the compiler/toolchain.
or do you only develop by code in eclipse/windows and want compile unter linux?
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
-------------------------------------
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

scargill

Postby scargill » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:25 pm

I can think of many including myself who have no desire to work under Linux. Here's hoping the fellow who did such an excellent job developing the unofficial development environment for ESP8266 which works excellently using Eclipse and Windows, continues his good work. Perhaps we should ask him!

cdtdoug

Postby cdtdoug » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:11 am

Hi, I'm Doug Schaefer, the Eclipse CDT project co-lead. ESP32 is definitely on my radar. I'm first going to get the ESP8266 RTOS SDK working with CDT using my Arduino C++ plugin. I should be able to tweak the SDK a bit and provide the right txt files for it to work with the same build setup, just without Arduino.h and libs. I was thinking of using the ESP8266 Arduino toolchain for that since it should be the same, but may have to build my own if that doesn't work out.

I have a formula to build gnu toolchains for the three major hosts, including Windows and Mac. I did a set for Raspberry Pi that I haven't released yet. I can probably give the ESP32 toolchain a try. Mind you, I'll need to get ahold of a ESP32 board to test things on and time to do it. But I'm really excited for this little wonder and what it'll do for IoT, so I'll get there eventually.

chrisfraser

Postby chrisfraser » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:48 am