ESP32 possible localization algorithms using no additional components

Edgars Sturms

ESP32 possible localization algorithms using no additional components

Postby Edgars Sturms » Mon May 06, 2019 12:09 am

Hello,

I did not know where to ask this question, therefore I came here.
Recently I bought multiple ESP32 devices like these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/WEMOS-ESP32-Wi ... ctupt=true and I starting looking into IPS (Indoor Positioning Systems). After a few days of research I found out that this device easily supports BLE communication and distance measurements using RSSI. Althouth, I couldn't find any other localization methods which could be used without attaching some additional components/sensors. Am I missing something? I'm new to IoT so I don't know much about these things.

Is it possible to implement, for example, ToA or TDoA methods in Arduino studio using the previously mentioned ESP32 model?
(maybe NTP is the solution?)
If yes, could you please suggest some functions, libraries or tutorials which could help me ?

Best regards,
Ed

ESP_Sprite

Re: ESP32 possible localization algorithms using no additional components

Postby ESP_Sprite » Mon May 06, 2019 3:41 am

ESP-IDF supports getting back CSI information, which means you can figure out things wrt the different phase groups. I'm not sure if anyone already fleshed it out into a fully-functional positioning algorithm or what the precision of that would be, but that is another avenue of investigation you could do.

Edgars Sturms

Re: ESP32 possible localization algorithms using no additional components

Postby Edgars Sturms » Mon May 06, 2019 7:09 am

ESP_Sprite wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:41 am
ESP-IDF supports getting back CSI information, which means you can figure out things wrt the different phase groups. I'm not sure if anyone already fleshed it out into a fully-functional positioning algorithm or what the precision of that would be, but that is another avenue of investigation you could do.
Thanks for the reply! First time hear about CSI information, on my way to search about it.