Recording sounds without external codec

vgonet

Recording sounds without external codec

Postby vgonet » Thu May 09, 2019 8:38 am

Hello,

I would like to record sounds and save them into the SPI flash but I don't have an external codec. I just have an analog input connected to a microphone.

Is it possible to adapt the example esp-adf/examples/audio_processing/pipeline_spiffs_amr_resample/ to realize this functionality?

Best regards,
Vincent

jason.mao

Re: Recording sounds without external codec

Postby jason.mao » Thu May 23, 2019 4:13 am

Hi

ESP32 ADC is hard to recoding voice, event you get the data, the quality is too bad.

chibill

Postby chibill » Tue May 28, 2019 6:08 pm

I am also interested in this. Considering the on board ADC has a more then high enough sampling rate and has a high-ish bit depth it should work fine. Just depends on it you can actually set it up.

Even with the 6khz filtering sort of stuff its fine considering thats about as wide as a SSB conversation is and its okay.

You should be able to use https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... s_source_t to attach the I2S to the ADC which will have it grab samples from it.

magpa01

Postby magpa01 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:09 pm

Hi guys, I'm esp32 to get voice with adc0 pin36 and send output voice on dac on 25 and all thing works fine. The system has an amplifier on out dac 25 like https://www.ebay.it/itm/Amplificatore-S ... Sw7cVZitYT and a microphone like https://it.aliexpress.com/item/32810488 ... 4c4d2YVwOq. On the telefone ai received and send my voice correctly.
This is a test becouse at the last I have to link input/putput of intercom. The output from esp32 continues to work fine the input no, much noise. WHY? I link the output of intercom on an amplifier and after link the output of amplifier to pin 36 and ground. MUCH MUCH NOISE. Do you know why? I need an help please.
With micrphone is OK with linein from other source NO. WHY? :?: :!: :?: :!:
Please help me

magpa01

Postby magpa01 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi guys this silence means that impossible to do what I tried to explain to you. The ESP-32 ADC0 receiveing from microphone send out on wifi a good signal voice and I hear it good from my phone. If I put other source non microphone, e.g. line from record machine, I hear much noise in my phone. For me it is very strange and for you?
If something appears on mind of someone of you please let me know also to have other possibility not a really solution.
Thanks too much

chibill

Postby chibill » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:40 am

It could be just static or something. Or you don't need an amplifier.

Question to you have your code up somewhere. I am interested in getting sound in and out thru the ADC and DAC also and haven't found many examples.