ESP32-CAM Stop Working

dpcons

ESP32-CAM Stop Working

Postby dpcons » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:46 pm

Greetings,
I have two ESP32-CAM units and two M5Stack Camera units. They all startup and stream video as expected. Unfortunately, they all stop running after an hour or two. I have good clean 5V 2A power supplies for three of them and a Bench supply running the other. I assumed it might be a heat issue, so I installed stick-on RPI heat sinks on two of them. Nothing seems to help. They do seem quite warm but not overly so. Any of you have experience with this or suggestions? I have lots of ESP32 no-camera systems running and don't have any issues with any of them.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Dan Powell

ESP_Me-no-dev

Re: ESP32-CAM Stop Working

Postby ESP_Me-no-dev » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:55 am

please try to diagnose the problem a bit more. Just stop working does not give any clues :) I have ESP32 cams running for days without issues. What is the XCLK that you are using? What is in the logs when they stop? Which example are you running?

dpcons

Re: ESP32-CAM Stop Working

Postby dpcons » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:50 am

HI ESP_Me-no-dev
Thanks for the response. Sorry it's been so long. I thought I would get an email when someone responded. I'm not sure how to answer all your questions. I'm running two ESP32-CAM AI-Thinker modules. This is what's in the code for XCLK:
config.xclk_freq_hz = 20000000

On these two modules, I'm running the application supplied from the Random Nerd Tutorial website, CamWebServer.ino from Rui Santos. I've made no changes to this software.

The other two boards, M5 Stack cameras, are running the CameraWebServer.ino file from the ESP32 Arduino Core Library. The XCLK code is the same on this board 20000000. The only modification I made was this:

#define Y2_GPIO_NUM 17 //Was 32 Should be 17 for the M5 Stack Camera I have.

I'm not sure how to set-up logging for the devices or if this is possible. Where are the logs located and can I gain access to them?
If your talking about the serial output generated through the monitor port, nothing is displayed when they stop. No error info, no watchdog error, no software check, no nothing. If I power off and back on, all is well...for awhile.

I'd love to give you more info, but that's what I've got so far. I have a scope, so I can look at some testpoints.
Again, thanks for your response
Dan