Sending video to Private Server

Ritu21

Sending video to Private Server

Postby Ritu21 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:09 am

Hi,

Can we use ESP32 or any other board from ESP for sending video to private server? If yes, which board can be used and what are the libraries available for the same?

Waiting for your early response.

Thanks
Ritu

Ritu21

Re: Sending video to Private Server

Postby Ritu21 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:19 am

Waiting for the response.

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:15 pm

Ritu21 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:09 am
Hi,

Can we use ESP32 or any other board from ESP for sending video to private server? If yes, which board can be used and what are the libraries available for the same?

Thanks
Ritu
Hi
- how the private server is awaiting for video (StreamVideoFile, StreamVideofromESP_I2S_connectedCaptureCamera, StreamVideofromESP_CBS_VideoSignal.... )
- how the private server is communicate with Clients (ETH_LAN, Wifi, BT, BLE ... )
- how you want connect the ESP32 to the privat server? (Wifi, ETH_LAN, BT, BLE,....)
- how you want program your ESP32? (Arduino CODE, usually C/CPP, Python... )
also:
- how or / do you want process RAW/Packet video on ESP32 to send to privat server?

best wishes
rudi ;-)
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

Ritu21

Postby Ritu21 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:06 am

rudi ;-) wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:15 pm
Ritu21 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:09 am
Hi,

Thanks
Ritu
Hi
- how the private server is awaiting for video (StreamVideoFile, StreamVideofromESP_I2S_connectedCaptureCamera, StreamVideofromESP_CBS_VideoSignal.... )
- how the private server is communicate with Clients (ETH_LAN, Wifi, BT, BLE ... )
- how you want connect the ESP32 to the privat server? (Wifi, ETH_LAN, BT, BLE,....)
- how you want program your ESP32? (Arduino CODE, usually C/CPP, Python... )
also:
- how or / do you want process RAW/Packet video on ESP32 to send to privat server?

best wishes
rudi ;-)
Hi
We will send video to amazon server over wifi. Programming the ESP32 shall be done by using make command provided by esp-idf.

Thanks
Ritu

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:23 am

Ritu21 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:06 am
Hi
We will send video to amazon server over wifi. Programming the ESP32 shall be done by using make command provided by esp-idf.

Thanks
Ritu
Hi Ritu
you will send a video file or a video stream from just now to AWS ?
example, if you want send a video file for sharing (from sd card, from spi flash, from live stream... ) ,
you can do this by creating an AWS account tu use AWS.
if you are done with creating the account, you can use AWS and send the file to the created account cloud.

here is a szenario how you create AWS Account and how you connect ESP32 to the AWS account.
it is for "send and receive messages" but the Account creating is simular.
also, for your reference and info, there is ESP-AWS-IOT for the the ESP-IDF
have a look to this.
this framework enables AWS IoT cloud connectivity with ESP32 based platforms using AWS IoT Device Embedded SDK.
now pick the cherry things from the git repo, read the how to and readme and do what you want do and transfer your video file to AWS.
hope this helps for the begin in your work.
let the forum know how you go on in this and if you need any further help or if you get any problems.

best wishes
rudi ;-)
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

Ritu21

Postby Ritu21 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:40 am

rudi ;-) wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:23 am
Ritu21 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:06 am
Hi

Thanks
Ritu
Hi Ritu
you will send a video file or a video stream from just now to AWS ?
example, if you want send a video file for sharing (from sd card, from spi flash, from live stream... ) ,
you can do this by creating an AWS account tu use AWS.
if you are done with creating the account, you can use AWS and send the file to the created account cloud.

here is a szenario how you create AWS Account and how you connect ESP32 to the AWS account.
it is for "send and receive messages" but the Account creating is simular.
also, for your reference and info, there is ESP-AWS-IOT for the the ESP-IDF
have a look to this.
this framework enables AWS IoT cloud connectivity with ESP32 based platforms using AWS IoT Device Embedded SDK.
now pick the cherry things from the git repo, read the how to and readme and do what you want do and transfer your video file to AWS.
hope this helps for the begin in your work.
let the forum know how you go on in this and if you need any further help or if you get any problems.

best wishes
rudi ;-)

Hi Rudi,

Which model of esp32 you are suggesting for this. I hope there would not be any memory issue in sending video file to the server, in the model you are suggesting. Also, we can send the video file to any server??

Thanks
Ritu.

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:12 am

Ritu21 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:40 am

Hi Rudi,

Which model of esp32 you are suggesting for this. I hope there would not be any memory issue in sending video file to the server, in the model you are suggesting. Also, we can send the video file to any server??

Thanks
Ritu.

Hi Ritu,
personally, I recommend using the CHIP REV > 0, then there is no problem with pSRAM and PLL.
see Eco and Workarounds for Bugs in ESP32
second, if you do not make your own module,
use espressif modules that adhere to PCBs and recommendations and standards.
that does not mean that other manufacturers make poor modules :) - but for the beginning I would do it so,
and later make your own modules if you want it to become a product (or consult with Espressif, they also create custom modules, even with secure private keys)

yes, you can usually send the video file to any server, if the server accept "upload" (files).
example by http:post command or ftp:put command or ssh like you configure the "server" and what the "secure" technic need.
you can use https or sftp too and other with esp32.

personally i work /practice,training with different modules, ( DevKit, PicoD4Kit, Nano32, M5Stack )
they have different advantages, the m5stack is very cute and already with friendly housing and display, also lipo,
but there is also the wrover kit from espressif, with camera slot nice debug and further more etc.

for fast doing to ckeck code i use most of time M5Stack, PicoD4Kit, DevKitC, they are on the desktop every time :)
for experimental matters with measuring instruments oscilloscopes, etc I take own custom board and bare Wroom32 module / ESP32 Chip / ESP32PicoChip without any.

hope this helps
best wishes

rudi ;-)

edit: there is a big maker board on (wrover32) edit: i mean wroom32 :)
i have not tested but it looks big :)
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪