Esp-idf++ and platformio (VS Code)

GreenGiant

Esp-idf++ and platformio (VS Code)

Postby GreenGiant » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:26 am

I've started working on a home project on a few esp32-wroom-32 chips. Using platformio in VS Code and ESP-IDF v3.3. Using freeRTOS and c++.
Not found much on the esp in the above situation. Particularly later builds of the IDF in pio, and c++.
Thought I'd do my bit by asking if there's any interest from others? If so I'll happily share my code on GitHub for others!

mikemoy

Re: Esp-idf++ and platformio (VS Code)

Postby mikemoy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:24 am

How did you get platformio to work with ESP-IDF v3.3 ? They are not on that version yet.
platformio is a good solution. Though the biggest problem i see with it is that they dont support menuconfig.

permal

Re: Esp-idf++ and platformio (VS Code)

Postby permal » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:00 pm

GreenGiant wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:26 am
I've started working on a home project on a few esp32-wroom-32 chips. Using platformio in VS Code and ESP-IDF v3.3. Using freeRTOS and c++.
Not found much on the esp in the above situation. Particularly later builds of the IDF in pio, and c++.
Thought I'd do my bit by asking if there's any interest from others? If so I'll happily share my code on GitHub for others!
Are you saying you're looking for C++-stuff for the ESP32? If that is the case, you might be interested in my C++ framework for IDF/native Linux: https://github.com/PerMalmberg/Smooth