ESP32 lolin board and power on/off with EN pin

Aliasdev

ESP32 lolin board and power on/off with EN pin

Postby Aliasdev » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:55 am

Hi,

My goal is to power ON/OFF the board with a Lipo battery already connected on it.
Is it possible to uses the pin EN on the ESP32 lolin lite board with a switch ON/OFF button to power o not the board because I use a battery Lipo with the connecter PH2.0 to power the board and I don't want to plug/unplug it all the time I want to use o not use the board.

As I understand well the EN pin when connected to ground it serves as Reset the board.

Can this EN pin also serves to POWER ON/OFF all the board (cut the power of the board) e.g. the Lipo battery will be not used too ?

So when the switch is on position OFF the pin EN (Physical pin 9) will be connected to GND pin and when on position ON it will be not connected (floating).

Apart using on of the wire of the battery with a switch ON/OFF button I don't know how to achive this goal ?

Could you help me ?

Thank you

Aliasdev

Re: ESP32 lolin board and power on/off with EN pin

Postby Aliasdev » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:16 am

Hi,

To be more precise currently the pin EN is floating. Is it mandatory to pull-up this pin to Vin (3,3volt) if so must I use a resistor between this pin and the Vin?

Another approach by using the very interesting deep sleep mode of the Esp32 (esp_deep_sleep_start()) with a normal GPIO pin as input and measure level on this pin to put the board on deep sleep mode or to wake up from sleep mode. That will avoid to manipulate the EN pin of the Esp32 Lolin lite board ( although this way it is not 100% power saving I know but better than nothing).

Is this solution acceptable to save a battery constantly connected to the board (instead of switching on/off the pin EN)?

Thank you