ESP32-Lyra Smart Audio

ichannel

ESP32-Lyra Smart Audio

Postby ichannel » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:14 am

Hi,

Session 5.2 of Hardware Design Guideline 1.1 mentions about ESP32-Lyra Smart Audio, featuring, among other thinks,
* support for multiple audio standards including DLNA, Airplay and QPlay
* support for multiple cloud platforms including Ximalaya FM, YunOS and Amazon

Will the support be in the form of libraries?
Will they be free for all ESP32 users?
What are the timelines?

Thanks

ESP_Sprite

Re: ESP32-Lyra Smart Audio

Postby ESP_Sprite » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:14 am

We are going to release this, although I'm unsure how much is going to be open-source and how much is going to be closed libraries. Unfortunately, I do not have an exacy timeline for the release; as an educated guess I would think it should happen in two to three months from now, however.

madscientist_42

Postby madscientist_42 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:15 pm

ESP_Sprite wrote:We are going to release this, although I'm unsure how much is going to be open-source and how much is going to be closed libraries. Unfortunately, I do not have an exacy timeline for the release; as an educated guess I would think it should happen in two to three months from now, however.
More open source would be "better" than less, mind. It's a foregone conclusion that many of the media streaming service offering parts would be closed source- but there's possibilities for other answers as well from the community for open solutions as long as "enough" is FOSS for us to work with on this.

While doing my digging for clearer answers on Bluetooth stuff for my current client's projects I tripped across announcements for this stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing a good solution that's a mostly open BASE with pieces placed atop of it accordingly.

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:00 pm

some news in this?
push
+1

best wishes
rudi ;-)
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
-------------------------------------
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:24 am

At the moment, the status is that we have a hardcodec SDK (ESP32 with HW mp3/aac/ogg/... decoder chip sitting next to it) and a softcodec SDK (with the ESP32 doing the decoding by itself). We deprecated the hardcodec SDK because the architecture wasn't that good, and I don't think we'll be releasing that at all. (Comes down to: you probably do not want that code.) We're working towards version v0.1 of the softcodec SDK; I'll ask if we can release that publicly.

madscientist_42

Postby madscientist_42 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:09 pm

ESP_Sprite wrote:At the moment, the status is that we have a hardcodec SDK (ESP32 with HW mp3/aac/ogg/... decoder chip sitting next to it) and a softcodec SDK (with the ESP32 doing the decoding by itself). We deprecated the hardcodec SDK because the architecture wasn't that good, and I don't think we'll be releasing that at all. (Comes down to: you probably do not want that code.) We're working towards version v0.1 of the softcodec SDK; I'll ask if we can release that publicly.
This works. Heh... "You probably do not want that code," eh? Wow...that's **BAD** :D

As long it's under some usable license, it should be great. I am already chomping at the bit for making something that handles all the sound media formats including tracker files. :)

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:22 am

madscientist_42 wrote: As long it's under some usable license, it should be great. I am already chomping at the bit for making something that handles all the sound media formats including tracker files. :)
Oooh, so I am not the only one thinking of that... I thought about giving porting libmikmod a go myself; should be pretty simple with the APIs in esp-idf.

madscientist_42

Postby madscientist_42 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:42 pm

ESP_Sprite wrote:
madscientist_42 wrote: As long it's under some usable license, it should be great. I am already chomping at the bit for making something that handles all the sound media formats including tracker files. :)
Oooh, so I am not the only one thinking of that... I thought about giving porting libmikmod a go myself; should be pretty simple with the APIs in esp-idf.
Yeah, you're not the only one. After I had the epiphany that if one COULD make an Internet "Radio", one could likely extend it to being an all-around engine for audio media. Was actually a bit interested in it after playing around with one of the WROOM-32 dev boards for some work projects.

Jakobsen

Postby Jakobsen » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:24 pm

Hi

Yes and I will be very happy to see some simple filter / biquad piped in on the audio stream - right now - i see that as the missing link to be a kick a.. audio platform.

By the way any new on the jitter on audio PLL ?

/Jørgen
Analog Digital IC designer / DevOps @ Merus Audio, Copenhagen, Denmark.
We do novel and best in class Audio amplifiers for consumer products.
Programmed assembler for C-64 back in 1980's, learned some electronics - hacking since then

ichannel

Postby ichannel » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:57 am

Hi

Though do not want to sound like pushing, would like to know if there is any update on the development status and release schedule of the audio package.

Thanks