ESP32 SoC(System on Chip) could not power up using battery itself [IDFGH-3009]

EngrPhXJp

ESP32 SoC(System on Chip) could not power up using battery itself [IDFGH-3009]

Postby EngrPhXJp » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:35 am

I am developing an IoT system wherein I am getting various data like temperature, humidity, and soil moisture while implementing deep sleep in the device.I already had the system running using the DM DIY MORE ESP32 SoC (The link is posted below). However, there exists an issue regarding the stand alone feature of the device. Before I upload my script in the device, the device works well using the battery itself as a source of power. However, whenever I do upload my code it seems that the ESP32 SoC's stand alone power is broken and won't turn on again using the just the battery as it was before.

Is this a known issue?

I tried to investigate it using 5 other ESP32 SoCs and unfortunately, the same problem occurred. I am not sure if it's because of the GPIO assignments that causes the device to be broken or some other problem concerning short circuit inside the device.

If someone would be kind to provide me a data sheet of this device it would be a great help. Attached here is my code and below is the link of the ESP32 SoC that I'm using. Thank you very much.

https://www.diymore.cc/collections/esp8 ... ttery-base
Attachments
ESP(inoFile).txt
(6.32 KiB) Downloaded 333 times

ESP_Alvin

Re: ESP32 SoC(System on Chip) could not power up using battery itself [IDFGH-3009]

Postby ESP_Alvin » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:05 am

Moderator's note: edit the topic title for issue tracking, thanks.

ESP_Angus

Re: ESP32 SoC(System on Chip) could not power up using battery itself [IDFGH-3009]

Postby ESP_Angus » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:03 am

Hi EngrPhXJp,

Espressif only produces the ESP32 chip (aka system-on-chip, SoC) used in this product. We didn't produce the rest of the product design, so you'll need to talk to the product designer (looks like DIYMORE?), or debug the development board design yourself in order to find out why it doesn't work correctly when running from battery.

You can find the ESP32 chip datasheet and technical reference manual here:
https://www.espressif.com/en/support/download/documents