Is there and advantage of DSP modules of lyrat MSC or lyrat Mini for acoustic echo cancellation?

utkutpcgl

Is there and advantage of DSP modules of lyrat MSC or lyrat Mini for acoustic echo cancellation?

Postby utkutpcgl » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:38 am

Hello,

ESP-ADF has an algorithm_stream library that enables acoustic echo cancellation (AEC). However, as far as I know, a DSP module is necessary for this operation which is not available on the ESP Lyrat board. Yet, it is still possible to use AEC with Lyrat and I wanted to learn if it has any difference compared to the AEC facility of cards with DSP (like mini or MSC). Do these DSP cards have an advantage to Lyrat in terms of noise suppression, echo cancellation, and similar signal processing jobs.

I work on a real-time full-duplex telephony system (with ESP Lyart board) which needs high-quality speech sound data (up to 7000 Hz) communication, hence, the DSP functions I mentioned above are crucial for my project. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

sjkoelle

Re: Is there and advantage of DSP modules of lyrat MSC or lyrat Mini for acoustic echo cancellation?

Postby sjkoelle » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:01 am

Did you ever find out the answer to this? We are pursuing something similar. Thanks