ESP32 DevKitS/S-R "CCATS" - export from USA - specifically mouser

rudi ;-)

Re: ESP32 DevKitS/S-R "CCATS" - export from USA - specifically mouser

Postby rudi ;-) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:13 pm

Hi David

From my own Desk and direct talk with Mouser USA,
Mouser is in the process of reviewing all Mouser products for CE compliance.
Does not have only to do with Espressif special.
Mouser started the review for now and it is a work in progress.
Not all the products with all Mouser suppliers have undergone this review yet but they will all in near time.

FYI :
They started with Espressif things, but also there is more and more other suppliers in the "check of" work.
The bad new is, that all Maker things, crowdsupply and also i think Adafruits things and resales and rebacksales are affected if they want sell to EU.

There are products listed from Adafruit which are only for sale in US from Mouser - not outside US.

Also TinyPico, TinyPico Nano, FeatherS2 ( Adafruits resell from UM and so on ) and further things that want to go sell to EU - all.
All things which have no CE there is only B2B possible, no sale to end user - and for this B2B is a business account need and VAT#
Without this - no possible sale this things to EU further longer.

And if there are sell in US, you need FCC for Radio.
( this only for US i think )

The reason for the restriction on the parts is that the products were under the scope of CE directives, ROHS and Radio Equipment Directive but not yet certified and in example of Espressif's on-going CE certification. And Mouser is waiting for the things.
They must have all CE certificated and CE must be on the PCB / and so on.
The most things have CE label and for this need Mouser the CE Certification from manufacturer.
If manufacturer is confirming that the process is in process then manufacturer can confirm to mouser this and mouser can / but do not must - sell the things to EU with this confirmation of the manufacturer in the meantime.

Products under the scope of the RED need CE certification, CE marking, etc... in order to be allowed on the EU market.
These products did not just in time.

(2004/108/EC)
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... 32004L0108

Note, Mouser has given reasons and statements. I can't reproduce more at the moment cause there are talks online just now and how can it be handled and not at end. I will update things.

For Espressif products it is Espressif's turn and there will soon be a temporary solution i hear.
So no Problem in this - only a wait time for bring up the paperwork to mouser and we can buy like usually from mouser without B2B.

For all other maker and crowdsupply things, CE certification of the individual makers will probably be required because they are manufacturers of own DevKits , modules and other things. It does not matter if they use Espressif Things, they must CE certificate own Products.

The CE mark must be on the PCB/Modul/Board as stated here and done.
Without labeling and without valid certification, EU customs will seize the goods and, if necessary, send them back or, in the worst case, have them destroyed.

So if any PCB without CE label / Modul without CE label
then it is not conform like the EU rules and they can't sell to EU to end user, only B2B.

Since Mouser is not allowed to send to the EU to end users without certificates / manufacturer's documents, only B2B is possible in the Moment for which a VAT # is decisive.

I know Espressif will sort that out very soon for Products which is the paperwork just in time not done;
Because Espressif always has products CE certified I look forward to it calmly. Just wait and see.

But I don't think that individual makers can or will achieve this.
I think it becomes a Problem with maker things more and more.

example tinypico from crowdsupply is obsolete by mouser ( 392-CS-TINYPICO-02 ) for now
CS-TINYPICO-02 Crowd Supply Mouser.png
TinyPico obsolete by Mouser
CS-TINYPICO-02 Crowd Supply Mouser.png (34.06 KiB) Viewed 6332 times
Goods from outside the EU that are already in the EU from makers, crowdsupply and so on are subject to the same legislation step by step now.
How the EU dealer , reseller, backreseller and so handles this or even sells it under the table is up to him.
But cause there are sensitive fines on it i think that example Elektor or other middlemen will not resell it from the manufacturer without CE certification further longer and must and will request or return it from the maker. No Idea.

On the one hand it is correct that EU only receive approved, tested goods in the EU - while on the other hand
it is the "done" of maker things without legal CE. I know from other big manufacturer they are run in the same problem just for now.
Had few calls and callback in this direction how they handle this and what is the situation for now.

Now we know what happens and how is it going on and will be solved soon for Espressif Products.
So look forward to it calmly. Just wait and see.

best wishes
rudi ;-)

edit: add link to CE rules (2004/108/EC)
edit: add a second pic ( "abgekuendigt" means "discontinued" )
CS-TINYPICO-02 Crowd Supply Mouser_abgekündigt.png
TinyPico ( discontinued ) by Mouser
CS-TINYPICO-02 Crowd Supply Mouser_abgekündigt.png (36.16 KiB) Viewed 5407 times

updates

Hi David,

Mouser update: ( from my Desk Quoted statements)
The review has now been completed ( Espressif ) .
Mouser have been provided by Espressif the documents required for all except two parts. ( comming soon too, paperwork )
The parts you and i am were originally enquiring PN 356-ESP32-S2-MINI-1U and 356-ESP32-S2-MINI-1 have been released, allowing individuals to purchase. The changes will be showing on Mousers website within the next 48H.

btw in other cases
Products from other manufacturers are in the same start-up process and certain manufacturers / makers are currently being requested for CE now. As far as I know and read from the eMail of EU Commission for Certification, this is also being done for this "obsolete/discontinued" Maker products already mentioned here, which is now listed as a Product at Mouser. It lists just in time without any Tag cause was not checked before. So it may therefore be that precisely these products that are not yet tagged (but had / have to be) tagged and no longer allowing individuals to purchase by orders from EU, if they not provide the Certification and the Markings on the Modul or Kit or Device, you know.

I update Info on any new Info from the Commission / Mouser or New Tags or anything.

Now we can buy ( update refresh 48H from now ) at Mouser Espressif things as individuals to EU, which was tagged.
edit: (provided there is something in stock otherwise the factory lead time is given).

rudi ;-) wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:13 pm
btw in other cases
Products from other manufacturers are in the same start-up process and certain manufacturers / makers are currently being requested for CE now. As far as I know and read from the eMail of EU Commission for Certification, this is also being done for this "obsolete/discontinued" Maker products already mentioned here, which is now listed as a Product at Mouser. It lists just in time without any Tag cause was not checked before. So it may therefore be that precisely these products that are not yet tagged (but had / have to be) tagged and no longer allowing individuals to purchase by orders from EU, if they not provide the Certification and the Markings on the Modul or Kit or Device, you know.
update:

The review has now been started for other suppliers and manufacturer and got the Flag too: "This product may require additional documentation to export from the United States."

example: featherS2 by Adafruit
featherS2.png
featherS2.png (37.42 KiB) Viewed 4817 times
best wishes
rudi ;-)

edit: update Mouser basket:
apart from two Espressif articles, the flags are a thing of the past
and the rest should be done next working time

edit: Gravitech Cucumber ESP32-S2 product get the export tag now -not all-

Best wishes
rudi
Last edited by rudi ;-) on Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

seonroz

Postby seonroz » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:43 am

Totally wrong about TinyPICO on Mouser - TinyPICO (in that link) is obsolete on Mouser because I have been added as a supplier, and TinyPICO is being moved from being a Crowd Supply product to being an Unexpected Maker product, and the transition is still in progress.
Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 12.38.08 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 12.38.08 pm.png (426.33 KiB) Viewed 5401 times
Seon
unexpectedmaker.com

rudi ;-)

OT Post

Postby rudi ;-) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:03 am

seonroz wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:43 am
Lol, TinyPICO (in that link) is obsolete on Mouser because I have been added as a supplier, and TinyPICO is being moved from being a Crowd Supply product to being an Unexpected Maker product, and the transition is still in progress.
perhaps you want says your Mouser B2B manager
seonroz wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:43 am

Nice try though, making incorrect assumptions and using totally unrelated things as proof to back up your information :)

Read the Mouser state post again and perhaps you want edit your post after you did understand who wrote which detail and why.
Edit: [other OT part removed now]
love it, change it or leave it.
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

seonroz

Postby seonroz » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:53 pm

And now my supplier transition is complete
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Cr ... gS3IPu9n0=
mouser_tinypico_order.png
mouser_tinypico_order.png (259.26 KiB) Viewed 5245 times
Seon
unexpectedmaker.com

DavidLamb

Postby DavidLamb » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:43 am

Hi all,

Good news (well, for me at least!) - just to keep you updated.
Digikey have sent us a box of ESP32-DEVKITC (female header) boards, so the semester 2 module can at least go ahead :)

Best wishes,
-David

seonroz

Postby seonroz » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:42 pm

DavidLamb wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:43 am
Good news (well, for me at least!) - just to keep you updated.
Digikey have sent us a box of ESP32-DEVKITC (female header) boards, so the semester 2 module can at least go ahead :)

That's great news David!
Seon
unexpectedmaker.com