ESP32 + Nuttx: cannot establish wifi connection

phfbertoleti

ESP32 + Nuttx: cannot establish wifi connection

Postby phfbertoleti » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:28 am

Hi everyone!

I've been developing ESP32 projects using ESP-IDF+ FreeRTOS for some time and now I decided to take a look into Nuttx for ESP32. I just made my first experiences with Nuttx and I found it awesome! I'll use it in my iot projects for sure.

However, I'm facing a problem when using nuttx in ESP32: I'm not able to make my ESP32 (a devkit 1, containing a ESP32 WROOM) connect to my wifi router (which has internet access). Here it's what I have tried to do:

- first of all, I made a distclean (make distclean)
- inside nuttx/tools folder, I've initialized board as esp32-devkitc:wapi (./configure.sh esp32-devkitc:wapi)
- In menuconfig, I've set esp32 as wroom-32 (originally, it was set as wrover)
- in menuconfig, I've set SSID and Password in Application Configuration -> Network -> Network initialization
- saved, compiled it with make, flashed it and no wifi connection has been done (using minicom, ifconfig shows ip ad 10.0.0.2)

Please, would you help me? Is there something I've missed? I really cannot see what I've missed, any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Ouss4_

Re: ESP32 + Nuttx: cannot establish wifi connection

Postby Ouss4_ » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:59 pm

Hi,

Did you properly configure the IP addresses?
Note that DHCP is disabled by default.

Try enabling getting the IP from DHCP and configure your router's IP address.

The steps should be:
`make menuconfig` --> Application Configuration --> Network Utilities --> Network Initialization --> IP address configuration.

Check "Use DHCP to get IP address" and specify the correct router's IP address in "Router IPv4 address".

ron8v6

Postby ron8v6 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:29 pm

If that can help, here is the link to a small blog post about getting NuttX+WIFI+ETH working on the ESP32: https://eadalabs.com/nuttx-esp32-macos/

Michalpu

Postby Michalpu » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:57 pm

I have used that eadalabs tutorial and help in this situation
Content creator at https://911electronic.com