set-config esp32 fails on Raspberry Pi4

SteveSpencer

set-config esp32 fails on Raspberry Pi4

Postby SteveSpencer » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:22 pm

I have followed the 4.3 instructions to download ESP-IDF, and run the installation script for esp32.
I also installed esp-adf, as I am working with a Lyra-T board.

However, when I copy the hello_world example, and then try to execute either

Code: Select all

idf.py set-config
or

idf.py menuconfig
there are errors. Specifically, there is a complaint when running one of the C compiler tests, because a link is failing.
The reason for this is given as

/home/pi/.espressif/tools/xtensa-esp32-elf/esp-2021r2-8.4.0/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/8.4.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld: /home/pi/.espressif/tools/xtensa-esp32-elf/esp-2021r2-8.4.0/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../libexec/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/8.4.0/liblto_plugin.so: error loading plugin: /home/pi/.espressif/tools/xtensa-esp32-elf/esp-2021r2-8.4.0/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../libexec/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/8.4.0/liblto_plugin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Well, the file is there, and is a symbolic link to the liblto_plugin.so.0.0.0 file, which is, according to 'file', an ELF 32-bit LSB pie executable.
Native .so files in /lib and other places don't have this 'pie' term in the description.

Does anyone else have this working?

SteveSpencer

Re: set-config esp32 fails on Raspberry Pi4

Postby SteveSpencer » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:14 am

So looking at the scripts, it appears that the gcc package is an armel build, rather than an armhf one.
Since Arduino is available for ESP32, supported by PlatformIO (as is ESP-IDF), I already have an 8.4.0 package installed elsewhere on the Pi.
Presumably, I can modify the 'exports' script to point to this alternate location, and should then be good to go?